Bum wing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by crmule, Aug 6, 2007.

1. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    Early this year my wife s hip went south and while helping her up the stairs into the house I did a back flip and busted my left elbow now it will not strighten out .
    I have lowered my bow draw to 45lbs 40 is the min in florida .I am still having a problem holding the bow at full draw. It is an old bear bow with little relief .
    I pull and hold it about 20 times aday to build my strenth ,and so far all I get is a sore arm.
    any Ideas to help are welcome.
    note: with the med bill from the hip replacement a new bow or a crossbow are out

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Have you tried ice packs where you hurt the elbow?

3. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    I don't know the regulations in your state but there is a device made called the Draw-Lock, it is shown on tv a lot. It attaches to your bow and it holds it at full draw while you hunt. i hope this helps.

4. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    yep till you get back check regs draw lock works great
    you might have to get a doctors note and a special permit from dnr always check it out we dont wanna have to come and get you outof the pokeee:big_smile:

5. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
  6. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    I looked at the draw loc on line it looks good .
    I am waiting on a call back from fish and game on its legal statis.
    thanks
    mule

7. JTR

JTR New Member

State:
    virginia
    How about a cross bow? With a doctors note most states allow the cross bow to be used if it's not already legal.....Or when all else fails ye good ole 30-06 should do just fine.:big_smile: Hope you arm feels better.

8. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    I can find a cross bow I can aford I guess. I just hate to admit that I am getting older and might not be able to beat this arm into shape by sept 22 .I am going to try.
    if not I will chunk rocks at them.or take pictures maybe.
    bewell CR mule

9. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Mule there is a supplement that will help to loosen up you joints. It's "Glucosamine with MSM" if your not taking it already start taking it. I have a bad case of Arth and at times I could not hardly move. I went to the Dr and got meds for it but was still having lots of bad days. I was told to start taking the stuff so I called my Dr and asked him about taking it he said it was fine for me to take. Well I started taking it and now I can move much better and have a lot less bad days. It does not go to work right away it took about 3 weeks before I could tell it was helping but it was well worth it.

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Alternating ice and heat worked best for me when I injured my shoulder. I also use free weights to get in shape for bow season. Nothing too heavy, just enough to help loosen up the muscles and ligaments. Try taking an NSAID (ibuprophen) to keep the swelling down twice a day. Good luck!

11. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    Thanks Swampy .I use a horse /mule suppliment called Fluid Flex . I give it to my hound dogs and my self .I use a tsp. per day I works good on my knees but has not helped the elbow.
    CRMULE

12. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

This stuff helps with your joints & cartilage,it's kind of like putting oil on a rusty hing. I have Arth and C.D.S. "I think that's what my Dr said it was called" witch is the loose of cardilage. My sholders got so bad I could not move them without lots of pain. After a while of taking Glucos. & MSM I got to where I could move them without any pain at all. Now the only time they bother me is when I do something stupid like picking up something real heavy. Like I said it takes time to get going in your system so if you start taking it give it time. I was about to give up on it right before I noticed it was starting to help. I didn't notice how it was working because it didn't change things over night,but one day it hit me dang I can move my neck & shoulders withut hurting.

13. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    Thats what the horse stuff has in it only in higher strenth for animals It taste like cat fish bait and smells like it too .
    The doc.said I was trying too hard to soon. So I ask Him to write a note to the Game dept ,Postponing bow season .He did not see the humor it that. Owell .
    Bewell MULE