Bullying...help !

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SweetSymphony672, Mar 11, 2009.

1. SweetSymphony672

SweetSymphony672 New Member

State:
    England
    Hey all hope you're all alright
    Recently, I've been getting a few remarks from others about me, asking if Im writing suicide notes, am I depressed e.t.c

I know that I should go talk to someone and I am but I wanna be able to say something to them, but what?

Please help, it'll be a real help :)

2. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If people in your life that CARE about you are concerned about you, then talk to someone. If you dont have anyone to talk to Pm me and I'll give ya my number, day or night brother!
    If these are just bullies in general, tell them to mind their own buisness and go on about your day!

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    is this happening in school ??

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    If you are having suicidal thoughts, I would recommend reaching out to some folks. Even if your depressed, reach out to someone you feel you can talk to. We are all here for you. PM if you ever want to talk. :wink:

5. SweetSymphony672

SweetSymphony672 New Member

State:
    England
    Thanks for your comments atm guys...it helps alot :)

It is happening in school, I really am not thinking of suicidal attempts whatsoever!

I just wanna know what I can say to them to shut them up lol :smile2:

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ya might have to hit em with a brick.:crazy: kidding

The more they know theyre getting to ya the more theyll do it.

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    im with him :beat_brick::big_smile_2: or you know the old saying beat um with an ugly stik then go fishing with it.:smile2::wink:

8. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Most friends will be more than happy to be around to give you support, Verbal bulling is hard to overcome because it is hard to defend yourself, If you let the bully know what buttons to push they will keep pushing. It is hard not react but it will be better to let it roll off your back, the more you react the worst it will become. Now if it is physical bulling the best action is legal, it may make you look like a dork but it's better than living your life in fear, Physical retaliation most times never works unless you really do some damage, but, even it can only do one of two things make the bulling even worst or have other challenge you. I would want to find out why someone has it in for me, most times it is something simple and can be resolved, I had bullies in school like most people but once i found out what was the cause we became friends, Bullies most time are doing it under pear pressure and the bully will feed on this pressure and your reaction, don't give them a free meal. Use your friends as support when you are down, go to your parents and talk to them you may find some solicit in there words, The school will help too in today environment with school violence and shooting they are not taking bulling likely as they did when i was in school. There is no reason for any person be in a hostile environment. Stand your ground when you have too but don't be afraid to walk away. Jeff

9. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    why in the world are they asking these things?? Are they people close to you that are noticing changes in personality? If so then go for some counseling, While it's nice to have people here willing to help, and we all are willing... I don't think any or many of us are qualified for that kind of counseling here online. I do have some hours in suicide prevention and talking with young adults about options to combat problems but I would heartily suggest getting help from someone qualified and licensed to give the kind of evaluation needed, if there is in fact a problem with depression and so forth.

I am not really getting enough background from this type post to even offer a suggestion except to say pm me if you need me, and I will try to put you in touch with someone that can deal with this type problem.

I can't fathom in my mind why someone would be saying these things to you unless there was a marked change in personality etc...If they are just harrassing you tell em to bug off.

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    book a few gigs somewhere and rock out. then they all be sayin you guys were friends all along. worked for me:cool2:

11. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    just ignore them. no rise out of you then they will try to get their jollies elsewhere. if that doesn't work then stand up and let them know you have had enough. some here may not like me telling you that but i had my fair share of wanna be bullies when i was younger and if ignoring them doesn't stop it then if they realize you are not an easy target and will stand up for yourself then you have taken their power away. most all bullies are cowards when you get right down to it and look for the easiest target and if you aren't then they will leave you alone and look elsewhere. if it is really bad then you should talk to your parents or school counselors and see if they can help. bullies are like bugs you shine the light on them and they scatter. and of course you may at any time feel free to pm me if you wish to talk about anything.

12. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I agree with everything but talking to school counselers, that will just make it worse, tell your parents these kids are bothering you first then stand up for yourself... pinpoint all of the flaws that you see and fight back with words first! and if it comes down to scrapping aim for the nose!!! :smile2: most kids have not had the nose smashed yet and will end a conflict pretty fast... And I also know alot will not agree with this but I know in this day of age it is not as easy as the older days to solve this problem... snitching on somebody will make you even more of TARGET IN AND OUT OF SCHOOL!!!, It's time to stand up for yourself buddy!! If you lived any closer I would have your back 100%:smile2: I can handle alot of back!! good luck in your first true test of life! show some backbone first and see if the problem dissolves:wink:

13. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Ummmm they are from England. I don't know the laws there, how the school system works for the student, or what values your parents hold dear.

Have a conversation with your folks, hon, and remember that they can't help you unless they know what is going on. If not comfortable doing that, then go talk to someone like you said in one of the posts you were going to do.

14. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    If you are being asked these questions with out cause {only you know] then don't let it get to you just laugh at them and go on
    If there is cause then by all means talk to some one a preacher a teacher or your parents unfortionatly parents some times blow you off cause they don't think their child has any serious problems but do talk to someone if there is just reason for the concern

15. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Honey, Just drop them like a bad habit,then go about your merry way.
    smokey

16. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jeff (NCFowler) pretty much hit the nail on the head, good sound advice. Having raised a teenage daughter myself, I have seen this behavior before. Most teens have the ability to be unusually cruel for some reason, especially girls. I dont know if its a social statis, control thing, or whatever, but I know it can be hurtful. What worked here was to ignore them, eventually they let it go. No responce is no fun to them. You just need to be able to whithstand their banter until they get tired off you. If it gets physical its a whole other issue, seek help. Keep your parents up to date on the situation, they can be a big help if things escalate. Good luck to you, stay strong.

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think Rich hit on something, parents dont always take their kids problems seriously. I think its alot easier for us guys too, someone makes fun of us, our shoes or smacks us up side the head we scrap, then usually become dang near best friends. Almost like a test or right of passage?

You gals seem to use psychological warfare that requires a differnet approach. For some reason Im thinking make fun of them or yourself, crack some jokes or something. Worst come to worst concentrate on school or just making yourself a success, than you can laugh at what losers they are.