BULLRUN STEAM PLANT FISHING

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by moparman, Jul 7, 2009.

1. moparman

moparman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    HEY FOLKS HOPE ALL ARE WELL.
    I WAS FISHING WITH MY BABIES AT THE BULLRUN STEAM PLANT TODAY AND I LEARNED AN INTERESTING TIDBIT OF INFORMATION. IT SEEMS THAT THE POINT WHERE EVERYBODY FISHES,AND HAS SINCE FOREVER IS NO LONGER OPEN TO FISHING!! IN OTHER WORDS YOU CAN'T FISH ON THIS POINT ANY LONGER.I RECEIVED A WARNING CITATION FOR CRIMINAL TRESPASSING.APPARENTLY IN APRIL SOMEONE DECIDED THAT FOLKS WERE TRESPASSING IF THEY WERE CROSSING BOTH OF THE RAILROAD TRUSSELS(50.00 FINE IN TENNESSEE!!)AND GOING ONTO THIS POINT TO FISH!I WAS NOT TERRIBLY PLEASED WITH THIS NOTION TO SAY THE LEAST BUT CONSIDERING HOW I COULD BE ARRESTED FOR THIS I DECIDED TO PLAY IT COOL,AND MOVED MY STUFF.AS OF APRIL,YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO NO LONGER WALK ACROSS THE TRUSSELS,YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE LEFT AND DOWN THE ENTRANCE TO THE PLANT WHERE THE GATE IS OPEN,BY THE DISCHARGE TURBINES,AND UP THE BANK THERE.THIS IS NO JOKE,THEY ARE NOT GOING TO ISSUE WARNINGS ANYMORE ,THEY(TVA POLICE)ARE GOING TO ISSUE STATE SOLICITED CITATIONS FOR CRIMINAL TRESPASSING.THE WARNING CITATIONS ISSUED ARE TO BE KEPT ON FILE AND ANYONE REPEATING THIS OFFENCE WILL BE FINED AND PROBABLY JAILED AT TVA'S DISCRETION.ANYWAYS,DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH THIS INFORMATION ,I DON'T WANT ANYONE GETTING INTO TROUBLE,AND THIS IS REAL.AND IT DOES SUCK VERY MUCH .BUT SINCE THE KINGSTON /FLYASH FIASCO,I GUESS THEY ARE TIGHTENING UP ON EVERYTHING.THE NEW PLANT MANAGER HAS MANDATED THIS.THE OLD PLANT MANAGER DIDN'T WANT AN OF THESE THINGS ENFORCED ,BUT HE'S NO LONGER THERE SO....THERE YOU HAVE IT. GOOD FISHING AND GOD BLESS!!
    IN CHRIST'S NAME
    :sad2:DONNIE

2. Skunk_Ape

Skunk_Ape New Member

State:
    tenn.
    Donnie, the same thing happened to me. I fished over there several days in a row and was greeted by a flat-topped red-headed TVA policemen who told us if we came back, we'd be fined over $250. It makes me sick, TVA ruined half of Watts Bar Lake with the Kingston Steam Plant spill and ran everyone off, then run everyone off from Bull Run. I hate to and very seldom use the word, but TVA SUX!:angry:

3. festus

festus New Member

Yes, that's prime catfish, striper, sauger, stripe, and muskie waters from both the bank and from boats, especially from February to May. The TVA police is even now chasing boats away from there, it's not only the bank fishermen. I've heard several different theories about this. One is homeland security. Another is people throwing dead fish on the banks. Another one is in case of emergency , if a fisherman gets hurt, they can't get emergency vehicles in there, HOGWASH. Then another is the skimmer dike and supports are being upgraded. Heck there ain't nothing to steal over there. One more is the meth heads are stealing ammonia from there, a fireman told me that one.

Whatever, I doubt if I ever go back, it's not worth paying a $250 fine for TVA's mistakes.:angry: But I did catch some nice channels and blues in there earlier this year up to 12 pounds, along with a wide variety of other species. :big_smile:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Donnie Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Thanks for making a good information post. This could save a BOC member some cash.