Bullheads

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by bwes, May 23, 2008.

1. bwes

bwes New Member

State:
    pa
    What temp does the water have to be to get a good bullhead bite?

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    we catch bullheads all year, but the only time i care about catching them is in the warmer times of year, when i need flathead bait! i have caught them in water as cold as the high 30's. in cold water, though, they seem to swallow a bait and sit there, instead of running with it. welcome to the boc, by the way!

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC its great to have you aboard on this wondeful catfishing site you will really enjoy and all kinds of good information and tips in the BOC Library, only time I have ever caught bullheads was in warmer temps, and I only try to catch them when I use them for bait, there really good flattie baits.

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    They are the very earliest to bite in in South East Georgia.February is the month here.There are many varieties of Bull Heads in many states.Your state might be your biggest help for your area in your state.

I one spent a week on line with Bull Heads.It was unbelievable how many variates some claimed for Georgia alone!

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

5. rifleexpert1

rifleexpert1 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I find catching bullheads in shallow water is the best this time of year.coves creeks,drainages hold alot of bullheads this time of year.the common night crawler seems to work the best.

6. catmanjake

catmanjake New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    i catch them in any temp and any depth. last winter i caught one ice fishing with a waxworm 6 feet off the bottom! during their spawn is the best time to catch them. they are most aggressive then

7. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    i catch em best during the summer. with a small split shot and a piece of worm. taste really good too, but once in a while you get that nasty one:eek:oooh:

8. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    in my opinion they bite like bluegill, which is about all of the time and consistently

i catch them the best on nightcrawlers