Bullhead catfish

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by rat fink, Jul 2, 2006.

1. rat fink

rat fink New Member

State:
    illinois
    i have been trying to find some bullheads but im comeing up dry so what im asking is where do i find them there my setline bate of choice and thay make a prity good soup aney tips im using a slip bobber and worms aney help would be apericeated thanks

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    You can catch 'em like CRAZY in little bitty cricks off the river around here. Hope that helps.

-Red

3. Strange thing here. I have NEVER caught a bullhead in a river or creek where I catch other cats. Where I have caught bullheads are in strip pit lakes and very small creeks and ponds that do not contain other cats. At least I have never caught one of the big three where I have buulheads. Go figure.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have been catching a few in a large lake while fishing for bait, bream. I just fish on the bottom with about 2-3 inches of night crawler. I rarley use a bobber and almost never use any lead fishing this way. Just keep an eye on your line.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    They are normally in ponds/lakes then rivers, at least that is how it seems to me. Good luck trying to round some up.

6. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    i catch all my big ones (3-5lb.) on nightcrawler.:smile2:

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have caught most of mine in ditches or small oxbow lakes

8. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Rock banks on small pieces of chicken livers right up on the shore shallower.

9. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have even caught them in creeks using jigs for sunfish and crappie. I have had my best consistency in a lake using chicken livers. The rig I use is a carolina rig with a size 6 treble.

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    every ones advice is solid here. I consider myself to be an expert on bullheads LOL I got a creek that runs behind my house and it is chock full of bullheads 1 5ft ultralight with 4lb test, 1 splitshot, and 1 worm your set

11. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I've always had great luck with shrimp. Bullheads are very good eating.

12. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I lived in Jersey in the early 80's and fished in Rancocas creek not too far from Pemberton.

13. rat fink

rat fink New Member

State:
    illinois
    nope sanagmon river in illinoins

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Remember when I was a kid I used to go to neighbors pond and there was so many in it that I used to catch them on cig. butts.and sometimes on a bare hook. They were really that hungry.