Bullhead Catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by hunterhnc20, Apr 16, 2009.

1. hunterhnc20

hunterhnc20 New Member

State:
    Buffalo, West V
    Ok guys and gals I live in Putnam County, West Virginia and I have been trying to get some bullhead catfish. About 10 years ago they were around here where I live but they seem to have disappeared because I can't caught them where I use to. I have called some fish farms and pet stores around here to see if any of then carry or can get bullhead catfish and the answer is NO. Does anyone know where I could get some? I would be willing to travel a couple hours if it was worth my time or even buy some if the price is right. What Im saying is that Im not driving 4 hours for just a dozen or so. Any help would be appricated.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Check around for farm ponds. I get mine out of ponds that have been around for a long time.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    has it been 10 years since youve looked for them? they may still be there but not there (moved to a hole) till the water warms up enough. Like dirt said talk to some farmers in your aera:wink:

4. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Neal you may want to take a trip out into Mason County or Jackson County,should be able to find plenty in the muddy/sandy bottom creeks.
    There used to be a good bit on Paint Creek but I haven't fished there since I was 16-17 and I live only minutes from there.You may even try some places down around Coal River.I know most any pond you see down that way holds bullheads.