Bullhead catfish in N.E. KY/Sou. OH~Around Greenup Co.

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catfishjohn, Jun 26, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I would love to find a pond or creek that I could catch a mess of bullheads for bait at. I don't know anywhere around me that has any at all. Nowhere I've fished.
    Any info will be much appreciated!!!
    Thanks for the help in advance!!! :big_smile::confused2::confused2::confused2: :big_smile:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Anybody with any ideas??? I can buy them but i'd rather catch them...they're free that way!!! :wink::big_smile:

3. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    most creeks have bullheads in them. the best time to catch em though is after a good rain when the water is muddy. i have always done well fishing with crawdads pitching them around rootwads and such. another good way to catch them is to set out some bank poles at night with liver or something similar for bait. just about anything will work for bait but you need to find something the bluegill wont devour. i hope this helped.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Ok,Thanks! I have a couple creeks I used to fish but have never caught any. There are supposed to be a few little strip/farm ponds that are supposed to be full of them but I can't figure out where.
    They are almost as hard to find as mooneye...:confused2::eek:oooh::smile2: