Bullhead Catfish Help!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Still_Waters..., Mar 8, 2009.

1. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I moved a good deal away from my old stomping grounds here lately, and I've just now started finding some bait holes here around my part of the West Dayton area, my big problem is I'm still lost on bullheads, honestly didn't have a spot before for them, and I'm really interested in using more of them for bait this year, so I need some help getting pointed in the right direction, any help is appreciated, thanks in advance. :wink:

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    huffman dam metropark or eastwood lake man rick

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    no problem man your are welcome

4. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I know this is a little late from your post but try Germantown Dam, just out of the spill way....lots of channels and carp but also some bull heads...pulled out a bunch last year there.

5. Still_Waters...

State:
    Ohio
    Well it's not too late, season hasn't really started for me yet, so even late help is welcome help, thanks.

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Randy I usually find them in shallow coves or rip rap areas. If your fishing rivers try smallmouth too. Ive seen some real good results using them and seems to be a little easier to get a larger supply of them!

7. Still_Waters...

State:
    Ohio
    Ha, you have to remember Kip, I fish the GMR, if I get caught using smallies out there (not to say I haven't) I"m liable to get clubbed to death:eek:oooh:....

... those guys really REALLY love their smallies out there.... you want to see someone flip their lid, have one the those guys walk up on you and ask if you've had any luck, tell him your just out for bait, and that your hoping to grab a few smallies, I bet dude would have a heart-attack right then and there if he didn't start spouting off at the mouth. What can I say, if it doesn't have whiskers it's always looked like bait to me:wink: and now I'm trying to use things with whiskers for bait.....

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio

9. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    You have just as much right as him! That stuff really pisses me off. Ive ran into people that are against using bass and even gills for bait. But there the first ones to take a 30+ Flat home to eat that they catch on a crankbait! Its no different!:cool2: