Bullhead Catfish - Any good places to fish for these?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by all_4_Flatcats, Apr 27, 2009.

1. all_4_Flatcats

all_4_Flatcats New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I looking for good places here in Cincinnati for these fish. Anyone know of some good spots around here?

I know of a few Ponds up in West Chester but that's a long drive from where I'm at. I'm also Limited on walking so if there is any where that has fairly easy access that will be great.

I was up in Columbus a couple of months ago and a friend of mine catches them a smokes them, I'll tell you that was some of the best catfish I tasted in awhile....

2. Vito the Catman

Vito the Catman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Where are the Ponds up in West Chester, I am close to there.Have been trying to find a place to catch them.

3. all_4_Flatcats

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    If going north on 747 cross over 129 take a right on Grandin Ridge turn right on the 1st street you come to follow signs to the pond also if you walk the trail there three other ponds back there you can see from 129....

4. autogyroenthusiast

autogyroenthusiast New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Winton Woods has a decent population of bullheads. Nightcrawlers, carp dough, and hot dogs will get them.

5. all_4_Flatcats

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    What part of the lake and is it accessible from the bank???

6. autogyroenthusiast

autogyroenthusiast New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There are 2 bank fishing sections but I've always caught bullheads off the rip rap around the main building in shallow water fishing on the bottom. Technically the riprap area between the 2 bank fishing areas are not designated for bank fishing but I've never been asked to move. The Hamilton County Park District website has a map that shows the bank fishing areas.

7. all_4_Flatcats

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Thank you sir I'll had over there on Thurs.