bullhead bait or game

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by paintball1022, Jul 7, 2008.

1. paintball1022

paintball1022 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    is bullhead a game fish or bait fish..... i thought a bullhead was a type of catfish?!?!?!:sad2:

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I don't believe they are recognized by the state as gamefish. I find them quit tasty though :big_smile:

3. shadgutter

shadgutter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    use them for bait, one of the best flatty baits. who cares if its game fish, if you catch it on a rod and reel u can use it!

4. paintball1022

paintball1022 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    is it a catfish though no one has answered that question.... does it look like a plat or channel or ?????

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A bull head is a catfish bro. [​IMG]

They don't get too big maybe a pound is a big one... man I havent seen a bullhead since I was a kid lol

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    bullheads are bait, as a matter of fact they are some of the best bait available for flats

7. paintball1022

paintball1022 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    how can u tell a bullhead from a flatty i haven't caught a whole lot of catfish but they both look the same......

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    The Flat has a bottom jaw that protrudes way out past the top jaw. Also the 3 fin spines are always dull. That and the Flats don't bite hard on your fingers....OUCH!!!!!

:smile2:

The Bull r both great eattin and great bait!!! As live bait they can better withstand the high water temps and lack of oxygen.

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol, fish in the right place with hand sized bluegills with an apropriate rod n reel etc you won't catch a bullhead I promise:wink:
    you'll find answers to basic stuff like these questions your asking by looking around even just a little bit... at this rate it has taken you days just to find out what a bullhead looks like LOL.