Bullhead are the best looking catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Biscuit, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

State:
    Va
    i think the best looking cats are the black bullheads, and then the yellow bullheads.

2. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Hey Anthony,
    Welcome and you are right about the bullheads being good looking and to me some of the best eating to boot. Just don't hear a lot about them but there is a lot of them in our local farm ponds along with channels so the grandkids and myself do a lot of fishing for them.
    Bill

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I love Bullheads, but they are hard to fine, unless u are fishing ponds or waterholes.

4. catman lo

catman lo New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I like to noodle for bullheads in the shoals of the river. You can catch a pile that way.

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tony my boy, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I would rather beholden a big Shovel head than a slimy little Bullhead! lol:eek:oooh: :big_smile: :lol:

6. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I think that channel cats are the best looking. I wouldn't snub my nose at a bullhead though.

7. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I agree that channel cats are the best looking of the group. Some have blue eyes, and the slate color of their skin just can't be beat. I don't think the bullhead can match that!:tounge_out:

Now, when it comes to eating, that is a toss up.

8. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think they are all much better looking than a bass, but I think a smaller blue can look pretty good

9. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    everybody knows that the channelcat is the perttiest of em all. then the black bullheads. but other than that the channelcat is the best one.

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Im right behind ya on that one I think the little yellow bullheads are the coolest. Nothing like sittin down with a good hand picked can of nightcrawlers and catching bullheads all day long

11. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bullheads do have a bit of cuteness to them, but it's hard to beat a big, bronze female channel cat as far as looks go. JMHO.

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i love the way you can take one of those pretty 6 to 8 inch bullheads and turn it into a beatiful 20 to 50 lb.flathead but thats just me.lol

13. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    they are considered a pest where i am from. I have eaten them and they are good but have a muddier taste than channels.

14. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    I would have to say young channels are the best looking. but then again flaheads have there own ugly type of beauty. I think they are all awsome looking in there own way. but I personally like the young channels with the spots on them and like to bark at you to put em back in the water. how can you not put them back??? lol

15. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I agree. I have a bullhead in my aquarium that my boy named "six and a half" He is cool to watch, especially when he eats. My boy will drop a few crawlers in there for him every day and man he tears them up.

16. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I much prefer the looks of a nice fat blue.