Bullets, guns and scopes

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Sparky Larson, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Frankly Chris, I use Federal .22 shells, 36grain ball hollow points. I buy them at Wally World 550 rounds for about 10 bucks. I have had good success with them. As far as the rifle goes, it is hard to say why it is not shooting well for you. Some guns with iron sights are just a bugger to sight in. I know you said your not much for using a scope, but for me that is the ticket. Once you start using a scope, you'll never go back to iron sights. I have a 40mm Swift (3-9 power) mounted on my rugar 10-22. Some folks think it's a lot of scope for a squirrel rifle, but the field of view is awsome.
    Give a scope some thought, if you have any questions I'll be glad to help you out if I can.
    You might want to think of taking your .22 to a gunsmith, The sights might just be knocked out of whack!
    Sparky

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I got a ruger 10/22 will not shoot them shells without hanging up. i have to buy the one 5 bux for a 100.

3. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thats weird mine eats ever thing I throw at it.

4. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    well i took it to the range today,and shot it off at 40 yards,it had a 12 shot group and it was with 2-7 inches from the bullseye.i honestly dont think thats good is it? i used them minimags for 4.50 a box.the gun is pretty new,bought 2 years ago and has not been used much

5. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I site my 22 in at 25 yards. I put 5 balls in a area of a silver dollar. At 50yd. it will still cover a area of a tennis ball. Most of my shot are taken from 25 to 30yds.
    If I were you I would have your gun looked at by a pro. Someone earlier mention the fact that the riflling might be bad. Thats a possibility!
    Sparky