Bulletin #2:

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by postbeetle, Dec 13, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just got back over hill and dale, downed trees and ice. Got the deer loaded and sledded out behind the tractor. One small problem, it is an 18 pointer instead of a 16 pointer. Sorry for the confusion. Kilt by a 48 year old woman at 60 yards. A gut shot, but what do you expect from a woman. Trailed for two miles and circled back to where he came off my place. Home Sweet Home. Pictures will be forthcoming I promise. I will not be in the pictures 'cause I don't do that kind of thing. She will download and print them and I will stick them on my computer. Can't promise when, but as sure as I am a Boheme we will get them up.

One small problem fellas, there is a bigger one out there yet. I hope it wasn't his friend, he will miss him.

John.

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Beetleman I am waiting very impaitently to see this monster as I am sure we all are........She best get to it:go:

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    waiting...................still waiting.............tell her to hurry up-in a nice way of course!!!!hahaha

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :cat::0a10::cat::0a10:Are we there yet!:wink:Gee whats takin so long 18 pionts mannnn???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Beetleman were still waiting!:wink:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Whats up Doc? Pictures needed.

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You guys are as impatient as old women at hairdresser. Now in addition to KENNY! I got to get "The MIC" off my rear. 1:30 CST here. Just got back from the neighbors to take him a score sheet. The deer in now in the freezer, The head and cape are in Dubuque at a taxidermists. He will measure it up. Pictures have been taken, still in the camera. The gal who took them is out of ink in her printer. I will get them, I will get them.

This deer is one of two I have seen off and on this summer. In a post way back in early June (I think) I mentioned him. He was feeding behind my house, just leafing out. He was and is the largest bodied deer I have seen here in 23 years. Will know more and will keep you informed. It was him or his buddy. He weighed 232 lbs gutted, figure what you want for his gut mass and he was no lightweight. He is a 16 pointer. We counted two more points but they were shorter than an inch, so not score able.

Our weather here has been terrible. Hunting has not been possible for most. The DNR announced this morning an extended hunting period, anterless deer after this 2nd season shotgun is over. Their computers indicate 35,000 to 50,000 less deer taken this season than last. They have to do something to knock these beasts numbers down, they are becoming like lemmings.

I have an antlered tag left. I normally do not shot bucks. I may, just may go after that bigger guy. You know my stories about my bee hives. He beds down in there, I saw him last week when I got my doe. If my back feels good, I will go after him. I'll donate it to the BOC to help them finance their t-shirt sales. They don't have pockets on them, and that case of 100 I wanted to donate to Boy Scouts will just have to wait.

John

8. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    ok john we are still waiting impatiently on the pictures.............................

9. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Joey, you ain't got enough hair to go to a hairdresser. Go activate a fuse somewhere and holler "fire in the hole". I wanna see how fast you can run.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :tire::0a10::cat::0a10::cat::0a10::cat::0a10:

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    tell mrs.beetle congrats.from an old hillbilly.ill keep an eye out for the pics.

12. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    1:00 CST, can't sleep as is normal. The neighbor brought over a few pictures this evening with his score sheet. The gal who shot him ran pictures through her printer till she ran out of ink. The deer looks a little blue, a. because it was cold, b. because he was dead and c. because she was running out of ink in her printer.

The first picture is her in their yard after getting the deer back home. The property behind her is the beginning of mine. That is where this deer came from. He and an 8 point buddy would come out of this portion of 10 year, meander to another neighbors old broke down dairy cow loafing shed to the right of the picture and spend time in there with assorted barn cats, spiders and old manure. And you wonder how they can disappear during season. The folks who shot him had knocked down his 8 point buddy 3 days before this, but they couldn't get a shot at the big boy. Sure enough the deer went back into the shed 2 days later and they were waiting for him to walk by their place when he moved following his routine. 10 minutes to 7:00 Thursday am I am here at this computer typing sweet nothings to this forum. Three shots go off, I think who is crazy enough to be out in this weather shooting deer and didn't think anything else of it. At 9:00 am he knocks on my door. He had been gut shot, and had to be blood trailed for about 1 1/2 miles. The buck made a large semicircle and came back to my place and died in a creek on the far East side of my property. We fired up my tractor with chains and managed to get to the creek. Picture # 2 is him with the deer hauled out of the creek. You can see the mess with the ice and broken trees in the background. Picture #3 is just after gutting, me and he are shooting the bull when she took the picture. That blue thing in the corner of the picture is a sled we drug him out to my tractor with. A 60 yard pull, 223 lbs of dead deer and iced multiflora rose, buckbrush, downed trees and ice. Man he owes me a good Xmas present.

The first picture is of the gal as I said. That 870 Remington 12 has a 21 inch barrel. You can see that it would fit between the spread. This deers spread was 26 1/2 inches. I fed you a line about 200 points because I hadn't seen the deer. This deer scored 17 points less than 200. We have had a better deer come off my place but it was a weird drop tang atypical. This by anybodies standards was a nice deer. There is a better one out there, don't know if anyone will get him. I hope not.

As Kenny said in another thread. Cornpower, QDM, luck, and me carrying my ol 38 Trooper Special keeping people out of here has helped make these size deer here. I am glad I could show him to you. John.

13. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    That is one hell of a deer!:eek:oooh:
    Chip

14. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    That's a deer of a lifetime. Id sure like to see you get the other one you've been talking about!! Good job helping them folks out!!

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :boss:Well bout time the suspence was gettin to us Beetle!That is a nice deer,I wouldt of minded haven my name on it at all.IF you have another buck that size I dont know if Id shoot it just yet....but they are over poupulated round here and need thinning

16. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    That's definitely a hog of a deer! I'd say it's easily a 180 class typical.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    As always ,John .true to your word ya came through . That is a super nice buck. thanks for sharin ,might tell the neighbor to practice a little bit through the summer so she dont gut shoot any more.

18. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    AWESOME Buck!!! The size is great, the mass is spectacular! Thanks for posting these pics John!