Bullet ricochet hits shooter

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by olefin, Aug 12, 2009.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    How about this video? I received the video in email and then I found where it's posted.

One time wife and I was standing next to my truck, shooting .357 lead wadcutters at a metal target. A lead fragment landed in the bed of the truck. No more metal targets for me.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'd seen that! I was shooting straight up at a coon on a limb with a .22 one time. The bullet hit the limb and ricocheted straight back down and hit right beside me. Coulda easily killed me.

Bill in SC

3. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
  4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Close is only suppose to count in horseshoes. WOW!!!!! He is lucky to be alive. It looked like his head was slightly tilted down when he fired. That is probably the difference. I agree on no metal plates. Thanks.

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Lucky man for sure. That's scary! This reminds of an incident a few years back while I was bowhunting. Sitting in a tree, about half asleep, and start hearing rifle shots. One of the bullets richoceted, and came very close to hitting me. I could hear the bullet getting closer and louder, so I ducked down and Prayed for the best. Luckily the bullet landed nearby! I got the He!! out of there and started to investigate, but the shooters were gone by that time. Thinking they were practicing for deer season, shooting targets on a frozen creek bed.

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee

Dang that sucks! Thanks for passing along.:wink:

7. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I shot a 357 into a pile of old railroad ties once and the bullet came back and hit me in my foot, not hard enough to penetrate my boot but it stung--the ties were straight in front of me probably 25 yards--freaky

8. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
  9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    The only thing I have to say about this is COMMON SENSE.

Tom

10. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    Amen!