Bullet lead

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by BIG_D, Nov 10, 2008.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well i started melting down some of the bullet lead and making ingits today the bullet lead is perfect for sinkers dont have to skim and clean it at all its gona make some nice sinkers its gona take some time to get it all into ingits im having to sift it all to get the dirt out but its well worth it i will have a life time supplie i think thear is well over 500lb got 7 5gal buckets half full it took me and the man that had it to lift one bucket thay are heavy had to pop my pain pills for my back after that one :wink: theas come from a police firing range all i can say is we are buying theam a lot of lead to play with lol :crazy: keep shooting boys some one els needs to make sinkers!!!!!!:cool2:

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Dang Dallas... hope ya don't try and carry all of those sinkers ya make out of all that in your boat at once... It will sink it. :eek:oooh::smile2:

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    lol Kevin thoes things have bout sunk me moving it around:cool2:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like a good idea. What about copper jacketed bullets? Will the copper seperate from the lead so it can be skimmed off. Never make any weights but i'm buyin a mold this fall.

5. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Yes unless they are a Full Metal Jacket type bullet.

Normal rounds once its hot the lead comes out leaving the empty copper shell.

Dallas sounds like you found yourself a source, way to go brother!