Bull Shoals

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by RIVERMAN, Sep 7, 2009.

1. RIVERMAN

RIVERMAN Member

State:
    ARKANSAS
    Heading to the lake tomorrow A.M.,gonna throw some jugs and set out some lines,hopefully most everbody will have gone home.Made a trotline dispenser out of 3" pvc anxious to see how it works.Will post a report afterwards.Steve

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hope you have good fishing what part of the lake do you fish I used to fish Jimmy creek and buckcreek areas along with Promise land where i probaly had the best luck

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Get with CCAT he has "experience " up that way.....:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink:

4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Sam,
    I knew you would say that....:tounge_out: When I saw you had posted last on the Bull Shoals post, I knew it wasn't informative.
    Anyway, I would send a PM to SmellyCat. He lives up that way and I believe fishes Bull every now and then.
    I think Big Sam is using this post to find out my secrets on "loser" lakes like Greers......and now Bull Shoals.
    Sam, if you must know my secret for Greers or any corps lake in Arkansas, here it is:
    First off, you need to give yourself about 8 hours to catch a lot of blues.
    Start off launching the boat around 10:00am.....(no need to lose much sleep on this one) After about an hour of having people look at you in a big catfish boat with a dozen or so rods sticking out like an octopus with 4 extra legs and thinking your are out of your mind to catfish on such a lake, load your boat back up on the trailer and head for the Ark river. That should give you enough time to catch a lot of blues, bring them home and claim to all at home that you "wore" them out on Greers/Bull Shoals.
    Sam, let me know how you do catting on the northern corps lakes.:wink:

5. RIVERMAN

RIVERMAN Member

State:
    ARKANSAS
    Well Bull Shoals was'nt anything to brag about,but I did catch a 6#flat and some channel,the trotline rack worked good.Was fishing in the Tucker Hollow area,have done well there in the past,maybe they were still shook up from the holiday weekend.Think I will try the Buffalo next for some flats,guiding the next several days on the White,so maybe the Buff next week.Have fished the Jimmy Creek area but for crappie,have to try its for cats.On the bright side-caught several gar and they won't be bothering the game fish anymore:0a23: