Bull shoals lake

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by F150Catfish, Aug 31, 2007.

1. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I'm going down to Bull Shoals Lake on Sept 18th. I have been fishing there every summer. I'm looking for flathead this time and are they moving into deep or still swimmin by the cove during early Fall season? depend the water temperature??

2. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Coves are good with live bait. Main channel swings close to bluff drops are great in the thermocline range(20'-30'). Flats in the shoals really like patroling those caves and ledges, especially the big ones. That said, some kid with a bobber will catch a monster this weekend that ate his sunfish or minnow in the back of that shallow cove! Just fish and enjoy the place; especially at dawn. Good luck! :big_smile: PS Fishing really picks up when they run those generators full bore. It stirs the water column up in the lower lake especially. Call 870-431-5311 for release info.

3. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Great! Thanks for the information! I don't have problem with live bait (bluegill or sunfish). :big_smile: I'll post it here when i got back home from Arkansas. Good luck!

4. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Hello Andrew,An area called "Pot Shoals" is also very productive for large cats, mostly blues. It is an area that is used to raise large cats behind a fenced off area. The last time we fished there, our ol buddy, Gene Chambers, AKwolf41, caught a 35 pounder, his profile picture. The water is very deep there 100 feet. You have to find them on your scope. The fish can be on bottom or suspended like they were that day. Gene only caught the one that day because he was worn out after that battle!!