Bull Shoals Catfish?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by RIVER-RAT, May 1, 2008.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    A buddy of mine that I work with has a cabin on Bull Shoals lake. He has extended an invitation to me to come on down there over Memorial Day weekend to do a little fishing. He has never targeted the monster cats and is interested in doing so. My question is this, does anyone know how / where to catch the cats down there? I am a river fisherman and don't have much experience fishing lakes.:sad2: I really want to learn, therefore I can be a well rounded catterman!

Thanks for the repsonses guys,:big_smile:

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Bill I am not sure about the catfishing in Bull Shoals, I have never tried it but it is a good lake for small mouth and walleye.

3. dknutson

dknutson New Member

State:
    Branson, MO
    bull shoals has some huge cats in it the hard part is tring to get people around here to tell you much about getting them other then saying they get them i have been getting som nice channels around beaver creek and a couple of my friends used to get some really nice flat heads there as well. hope this helps

4. skydiver41

skydiver41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bill, you might try contacting Steve Brown at Catfish Safari. I have fished with him and he is a drift fishing expert. He usually guides on Truman but I would imagine he could give you some tips that would work at Bull Shouls as well. He's a super nice guy.

Mike

5. KAYAK CAT KILLER

KAYAK CAT KILLER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have been diving there several times . Its the old stand by > channels will be hanging around thermacline and cover. Look to fish allong rock ledges and bluffs. The flats lay really deep. I have to get down to 50 ft to see them. Good luck .. let me know what ya do.