Bull Run Generating Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by festus, Jan 5, 2010.

1. festus

festus New Member

I heard from three different sources that the steam plant is smoking again. Give it a week or two, and the fishing probably will pick up. Don't know if the skipjack will run in there or not, but last April there were some in there. I caught a couple on jigs. However, I wasn't fishing for skippies, I was bass and stripe fishing. Also got a few catfish over there up to 14 lbs. WARNING: Don't eat many fish outta there, their probably radioactive!! The US record striper was caught there once in the 1980s, over 60 pounds. However in a few months someone in California caught one bigger. There should be a few stripers around later if they keep up the generating. All the way from the plant down to Bull Run Creek should be good fishing with the warmer water. I saw a fisherman hook a catfish that was about 3-1/2' out there in a boat, he fought it forever and it broke the line right when he was getting ready to land it. It was a blue and he was using 20 lb. test line. I don't know if the catfishing will pick up, but the crappie, sauger, and striper fishing for sure ought to improve.
  2. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

M,boro Tn.
    Thanks for the great report, hope that the bite keeps getting better for you.