Building a website

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RiverKing, Mar 5, 2008.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I was thinking about buildiing a little website, nothing too extravegant, just some pics and my tourny schedule, things like that..I have been browsing around the Godaddy site. Anyone have any experience with building a site? Im just curious on how difficult it is to do, or how time consuming it is..I have never done it, so im a little hesitant that i will pay for the domain name, then not know what to do from there.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey Matt check with Jason454ci or si forget which he has his own

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I just takes some time to get use to Matt. I had a web site thru go-daddy when I had a guide service so I learned there programs several years ago. They have a web-site tonight program that helps walk you through it. Our Missouri acats site is thru them now.

It will take you a lot of time to get it the way you want at first, but they have a 24/7 customer support line in case you need it. Ive never called them so mine took a while LOL. If you need help with it let me know.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Matt, You see by my website (signature) that I'm no expert. :smile2:

But I did it with no help or programs. Built it from scratch using Netscape Composer. Some things took me almost forever to figure out. When I started I didn't know how to set up a link.
    I've always enjoyed challenges and HTML to me is a challenge. :roll_eyes:
    My cable server includes 10 MB of web space.

5. Muskrat24

Muskrat24 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've built a website for a friend through free webs. Wasn't hart really at all, If you need any help on freewebs just shoot me a pm.

6. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    The best methog and the one I learned is using Notepad.Lots of very informative places on the webon how to do this.

http://www.pagetutor.com/html_tutor/index.html That page will get you started.

Also here http://www.web-source.net/html_codes_chart.htm

there are alot of places to get code bits and peices to enhance and add cool stuff to webpages.

Good luck its not as hard as it would seem.Keep us up to date on what your doing so we can check it out :big_smile:

7. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I have built several sites in past. Have also had my own domain at one time. Know how to make pics in photoshop also. If you need help I would be glad to help.

8. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Most servers have software programs that make it a piece of cake to setup a site. If I can figure it out I know you can too. Good luck to ya on it Matt.

9. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My only advice is register your domain name at the same place you want to host it. I believe you can't transfer for the first 60 days.