Buggs report 9/27

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by screamnreels, Sep 27, 2009.

1. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Fished hard four 6 hours, most everything I know until the last three hours before we found the fish, fished teens to sixty feet finally finding the fish at 40 to 55 feet in wind blown creeks. We drifted corks and santee rigs at 20 to 42 feet with little to no luck in the main lake channels, finally moving to a known fish producing area and lucked up and caught a few small blues on santee rigs on the bottom at 50 feet. The water temp was 76 degrees wind blowing ssw changing changing to the north.

2. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Got to go out again yesterday, the wind was really rough so I fished deeper into the creek that has been producing fish for me lately. I ended up with two blues, one 19 and the other 20 and a few ounces. I had decided to explore some other places when I noticed this terrible looking cloud and recieved a call from leftenant telling me of the bad storm, so i decided to load up and leave and man was it a terrible storm. I never did hear officially but that storm must have had a tornato or two in it from all the damage I saw.

Thanks for the call Leftenant, I probally still been on the water If not for your call.

Not a bad couple hours on the water, lucky I got off before the storm!

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for the report Chris.

4. mister_whiskers

mister_whiskers New Member

State:
    nc
  5. mister_whiskers

mister_whiskers New Member

State:
    nc
    went a few weeks ago and got nothing lol
    But Im just an ol nc river rat so Im not up to how you guys are coaxing them up there should have done more homework I guess