Buggs report 10/4

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by screamnreels, Oct 5, 2009.

1. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Keepit and myself went out yesterday for a little catn, not a bad trip caught several blues in 20 to 40 feet of water, not any monsters but some really good fish. Most of which were caught on live crappie drifting santee rigs bumping the bottom and floating corks at about 30 feet. The fish are starting their winter patterns now so It won't be long before the ole big girls start showing up. A couple more weeks of this cool weather and It will be on. The water temp was 72.6 in the warmest spot we fished, can't wait till it gets to the 40s.

Tight lines all

Chris

2. newatthis

newatthis New Member

State:
    nc
    Thanks for the report Cris.My son and i were down there in june for a week in june,didnt have a clue to what we were doing,other than to use cutbiat to catch blues.Talked to a local he said to try the boat ramp in the mouth of the dan,we had a blast.We had more problems catching bait than blues after that.Winter pattern?Know nothing about it but any help would be greatly apreacted.Thanks again Mike

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome and looking forward to reading your reports and seeing pictures of the whoppers you will be catching.

4. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Mike I've got a lot to learn myself. Sometimes I wonder If I know anything at all, this deep water and winter blues is tough at times. If I find the fish I can catchem, finding them is the hard part. Points, creeks, laydowns, and cuts off of the channels are where I'm finding them right now.

Chris