Buggs Lake fishing report 6-2-07

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigblueone, Jun 3, 2007.

1. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    fished sat night,In the dan river channel around the mouth of buffalo,the bite started about 10:00.fished in the rain and wind till about 2:30.best fish was a little better than 20lbs,lost 1 around 40lbs it just snap my 30lb test line oh well.between catching and missing fish,around 20 fish for a total.Did anybody else go sat night? 1bigblue:cool2:

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Good job Barry.

3. bogeyman

bogeyman New Member

State:
    Collinsville Virginia
    Just wondering if they were blues or flatheads? Curious as to whether or not they are out of the rivers yet.

4. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    clay they were blues,went again last night best blue 18lbs lost another big one around 40lbs I think I need to change my liters from 30lb test to 50lb test Iguess nobody has been fishing 1bigblue:cool2:

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Barry, are you fishing the bottom or up off the bottom? If so, about what depth is working for you?

I'm heading down there this weekend with a couple guys and we're gonna try our luck again.

6. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Josh,the bite has been on ,on the same spot.about 15 to 20 feet.Drop me a pm and i'll tell you! were there at. Where going all weekend let me know whats up . 1bigblue:cool2:

7. screamin clicker

screamin clicker New Member

State:
    Burlington North Carolina
    barry, just wondering why your leader broke? was the drag set to heavy,were you rushing him into the boat or did he get ya down in a snag? we use 30lb leaders with 80 lb main line and dont have break offs unless maybe it was roughed up and not changed. thanks for the info buggs has got some beasts in it up near the rivers this time of year.

8. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Todd I use 20lb main and 30lb leaders most of the time I don;t have this problem,I put to much mojo on his ass. when you comeing up fishing? I've been on this site for a long time and have never fished or met anyone from the B.O.C. watch that rod 1bigblue:cool2:

9. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Barry - where's that info man? I got skunked last time. We should hook up some time, I could definitely learn the ropes around Buggs. I'm going for the TIDAL cats tonight!:cool2: Care to join me? haha

Todd - I recognize that pic from the Catfish Showdown. Nice pig you got there.

10. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Josh I think I'll pass on that!But thanks for the invite.let us no how you did,I'm going today around 3:00 and fish on into the night I'll let you no how we did Sunday 1bigblue:cool2:

11. screamin clicker

State:
    barry did u fish this weekend if so how did u do? how about u and the kids bryan?

12. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    todd went last weekend and the truck broke down at the boat slip didn't get to fish.Brian had to come tow my boat home for me,were getting ready to go in a little while,we'll be around ornge creek to buffalo,I'll post the catch tommorow 1bigblue:cool2:

13. screamin clicker

State:
    barry what kind of boat do u fish from? if u happen to see a center console maycraft out there in ur area from bluestone up to the flats pull up and say hello we`ll be in the benefit tourney at staunton view today at 5 not sure where we`lll fish since its my buddies boat but with the bait we have we`ll be flathead fishing unless we chop a brim or 2 in 1/2 good luck and tight lines to all u guys oh and hate to hear u had mechanical problems at the ramp, always seems to dampen the outting let us know how ya did 2 day later guys Todd

14. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Todd went last night the best blue was 48 lb the second was 22 lbs and the thrid was 14 lbs lost about 5 fish! I didn't fish the tourney my money is funny! we need to hook up and fish 1 day,I fish from a sea pro, G 3, carolina skiff to a 1972 bumble bee the bee is my boat. watch that rod 1bigblue:cool2:

15. bogeyman

bogeyman New Member

State:
    Collinsville Virginia
    Barry, you still fishing the upper end of the lake? I fished down around the curve and got skunked saturday night. Guess lots of others did too. Only 11 fish weighed in.

16. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I fished between ornge creek and irish creek, the bite was not on how did you do? 1bigblue

17. screamin clicker

State:
    seems we can catch a ton of smaller blues, nothing over teens with this water temp. flatheads seem to be spawning to me , i have been wrong before, i know theyre very tight lipped right now. barry we will have to 1 weekend get together and see where we can find them.

18. screamin clicker

State:
    oh and by the way the 1s we have been catching blues wise are all scarred up

19. bogeyman

bogeyman New Member

State:
    Collinsville Virginia
    Barry, we did'nt do anything. A friend of mine caught sever smaller blues in the curve and one over 25. That's why I tried it down there. The bite never came. Todd, I was fishing alittle down from you when you caught that 60 pounder, nice fish.

20. screamin clicker

State:
    clay, thanks, yes it was a relief to finally catch a nice fish in a tournament for a change, we get skunked alot of times from 2nd guessing ourselves. I can say I`m glad I didnt let shannon change spots that time lol. that clicker sounded like the gears were gonna come out of that penn reel, and sorry if the sound of a little girl screaming when we finally got it in the boat, i couldnt help but yell, i thought it was bigger than 60 lbs, we`ve boated several in the mid to upper 40s this year my best 2 are 43 and 45 and this 1 was nuch bigger than those brutes ,so sorry if i ruined ur tourney by yelling that night