Buggs Lake 7/6 - 7/7

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by HHinNC, Jul 8, 2007.

1. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm not yet accomplished in catching the big ones, but I can say that my wife and I had a good trip fishing from Clarksville up to the split. We caught a dozen or more nice channel cats each day using cut bream and cut crappie. The channels were all in the 3 to 6 lbs. class. We also had the pleasure of catching a few small blues that weighed approx. 10 - 12 lbs. using small live white perch on a trailing freeline. It was exciting to hear the reel sound off when they were running off with the perch! All cats were caught using circle hooks, and were caught throughout the daytime. The magic depth seemed to be 20 to 22 feet where it met with the bottom. I marked a lot of suspended fish at the same depth over a deeper bottom, but couldn't get them to hit. The fish were released this trip since we were just "fun fishin' " The pump station area at Clarksville, and the river channel just before the Dan river/Staunton river split were my best spots. Tight Lines to all, and be careful of the heat this time of year if you are fishing in the daytime !

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Sounds like a good trip to me.:haha:

3. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    sounds like your on to a great job,keep up the hard work and it will pay off one day good luck 1bigblue:cool2: