Buggs Lake 7-28

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigblueone, Jul 27, 2007.

1. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    anybody fishing sat? I'll be there around lunch,I'f anybody else is going let me know and we'll try to hook up 1bigblue:cool2:

2. screamin clicker

screamin clicker New Member

State:
    Burlington North Carolina
    barry we had a tourney on saturday night, we launched at staunton view and we decided to gamble and ended up all the way down in satterwhite. caught several blues but nothing over 10 lbs, buddy lost 1 fish not long after we got out the first set of baits, from the drag peeling and him saying get the net i knew it was a winner but we wound up with a 1 that got away story. tight lines to everybody Todd

3. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Todd,

Do you know who won the tourny and what they won it with?

My father in law and I went to Buggs today (Sunday) and spent the better part of the day fishing for white perch. We fished points and pockets from from Longwood down to marker 10. We caught about 35 white perch, three or four crappie, five or six bream and five small cats. They were hitting cut bream in water from 16 to 21 feet. About six o'clock we ran down to the dam and drifted live and cut, perch and bream, from about 18 to 40 feet over the deep. No hits and only two marks of any size on the sonar. Water temp 83-86.

4. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    todd I went fishing sat I couldn't fish tourney my money was funny:smile2: We fish the back side of eastland creek,I haven't seen that many fish on the eagle screen scence last Oct. The best fish was around 20lbs the bite was on untill the moon came out and that was the end of that ball game.. watch that rod 1bigblue:cool2:

5. screamin clicker

State:
    bryan, glenn hughes won the tourney with a 40+ flattie, glad to hear ya`ll had a decent time just catching some. how were those 10 ft nets you got from us? barry, i know what u mean about the moon coming out and ending the bite, while it was cloudy and a slight breeze it was fairly steady for us, atleast with the smaller ones, we had thought about fishing eastland( well i had mentioned it, lol) glad to hear u (someone) were into some nice cats :eek:oooh: lol keep us posted and listen for those clickers

6. screamin clicker

State:
    bryan, was down your way friday , had to drop a tractor off down in zegulon and had to cross over the river. I could see several big log jams from the bridge as I crossed over it, man what a sight, havent seen any that size in the dan river, just gives me the itch for a great big flathead,guess im going to have to plan a trip to the nuese to cure what ails me(lol) i hear a fish!!!!:smile2:

7. screamin clicker

State:
    ops i meant zebulon:crazy: