buggs island

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by river cat rat, Aug 8, 2008.

1. river cat rat

river cat rat New Member

State:
    virginia
    just starting to go to buggs island could someone point me in the right direction for some good catfishing? thanks:wink:

2. Leftenant

Leftenant New Member

State:
    NC
    Hi River Cat Rat,

You can Find fish anywhere from the bridge at Clarksville up the lake to where the rivers split most of the time. This time of year, the fish are keeping to deeper water so any of the humps and flats with deep water nearby are good places to fish. There are still fish on the upper end of the lake but you have to be careful of underwater debris and just plain old running out of water. The flatheads like the current but you can catch them in the lower lake as well. The fish are spread out pretty good, but if you can find baitfish you'll find catfish. Pay attention to the Bass fisherman as many times the place the bass are during the day, the catfish will be feeding in the same places that night. Hope this helps some and if it doesn't, maybe someone else will be able to tell you more.

David

3. King Catfisherman

King Catfisherman New Member

State:
    Virginia
    go up the dan river if you can not make it ill take up you will catch the big flatheads in the dan:wink:

4. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    I would also like to know where the fish are at now. I usually fish around Ivy Hill and Island Creek but thats just because thats the only places I know and the boat I usually go on doesnt have much of a mototr on it. I would like to learn some other places to fish.

Thanks

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome to the BOC, Daniel. That's a great looking avatar you have there!
    :0a25: