Buggs island

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by 1LASTREBEL, Jul 6, 2006.

1. 1LASTREBEL

1LASTREBEL Member

State:
    va
    im new on this site so i hope om posting the correct way. im headed to bugs island in va tommorow was just wandering if any 1 else was and what bait was working good for em there.im gonna try some of the D.K. punch bait.and some cut bait well good luck to all

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Welcome to the BOC you will find a lot of helpful people and information on this site. Please feel free to contribute when you can. The most popular baits are cut shad, herring and gills. all of which can also be used whole and live. I keep hearing good things about DK's punch bait also. Good luck on your trip I hope you catch a monster.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Been slowing down from what I hear, waters rising fast. They are catching some around Bluestone creek is the last I heard.

4. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    been wanting to go to Buggs myself...i would think that fresh cutbait(shad or bluegill)or live would work pretty good ...take a few poles and try everything...lol...Welcome to the BOC and let us know what ya catch

5. 1LASTREBEL

1LASTREBEL Member

State:
    va
    thanx guys we go every year for a few days have done ok but never a big one. my brother inlaw outfishes me every year

6. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    what part of Va you in?

7. 1LASTREBEL

1LASTREBEL Member

State:
    va
    near charlottesville

8. ST Lunker

ST Lunker New Member

State:
    VA
    Go down to Jordan point on the James and go upstream, under the bridge, and fish dropoffs and channels. Huge cats in this area. Good luck!

9. 1LASTREBEL

1LASTREBEL Member

State:
    va
    got back from buggs yesterday .we caught just about every nite we went out .the biggest was around six pounds.I was trying the dk punch bait and i gotta say it did very good.the original was by far the best