Buggs Island - What have you caught catfishing, please post your reports!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigtimingcats69, Mar 31, 2006.

1. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    I just want people who have fished buggs to tell what they caught and keep it updated just doing a lil research i would like some recent fishing reports. Dont nobody know the temp of the water in dan river in danville? thanx guys!!

2. coonskinner88

coonskinner88 New Member

State:
    VA
    been fishin about 5 times around the mouths of the rivers at buggs and in the dan and they r bitin GOOD
    weve pulled out a couple in the 15 range, a couple bout 25 30 lbs and some 20s

3. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    There is a KerrLake info fishing website that has right many posts about good catifsh that have been caught this season so far. (you can probably Google up the site). I've been itching to get up there, but my boat has been broke. I've been missing out on the fun. If I remember correctly, there have been some nice cats in the 50 lb. range or better that have been caught. Hope this helps.

4. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
  5. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Anyone been to kerr lately? i went a couple weeks ago, nothing big caught, weighed a 40 and a 28 lb flat for a 2 guys when i got back to ramp, those fish werent released though.
    Mike
    (cpr)

6. bigtimingcats69

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    yeah i havent been down there in a couple months im waiting for someone to let me know how things are going the fishing reports are saying that crappie and catfish are excellent and stripers and bass are good. I guess thats all we have to go on.

7. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    hello,.....water temp in danville sat midday was 74 degrees!!!!!....bass fished instead of catfishing.....caught 9 smallies 1 largemouth 1 whitebass and several redbreast..........mack

8. bigtimingcats69

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    thanx for the info man ill be trying to get down there sometime and catch some of those catfish out!!