Buggs Island this weekend

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigblueone, Mar 8, 2007.

1. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am planing on fishing Buggs this weekend and was wondering if anybody else was planing a trip down there. The weather is saying 60 for Saturday and 68 for Sunday. 20 to 30 persent chance of rain.I haven't heard anything about the wind yet. 1bigblue

2. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yea...me and a couple of my friends are coming down on Saturday. I hope the wind isn't bad. Should be a really nice day. We'll be on a 19' Sea Pro Center console. if you see us, stop and say hi. Love to meet fellow fishermen. Where are you going to try and fish mainly? I think we will try from Bluestone to Bridges first. Not sure yet. Good Luck:big_smile_2:

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I hope to be on Kerr in a few weeks, if my boat ever comes in. I'm in Lynchburg, so SML is the closest body of water....but I want to go after big blues, so Kerr it will be!

I'll be posting soon for advice on how to fish this lake!

Good luck to you both this weekend.

4. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Jamie were going down on Sunday,I have to go and catch bait tomorow.Were putting out at Longwood and fishing from there to Eastland Creek.All were useing for bait is Crappie.Let me know how ya'll do on the lower end of the lake.I might have to change my fishing area. 1bigblue:cool2:

5. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Joshua what kind of boat are you getting? I hear you on SmL,I live about 15 minutes from there. I go there for recreational purposes only!!!!!!!!!!. I wouldn't waste my time to fish there. I don't know if you've fished Buggs but you'll love that lake. Any info I can help you with I'd be glad to help ya. 1bigblue

6. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    going down friday night and fishing through to sunday morning.... do you know if any blues are being caught? send me a message w/ ANY information or advice please.. past few trips havent been that successful!

7. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    this is all I have,I didn't get to go this weekend.Ride called it off. But a friend of mine went Sunday,cought all the bait he needed at occonneche 2 about 8 inches long [shad].Cought 1 16lb blue at Grassy on a crappie head,and 1 ,6 lb channel at Goat Island on shad . going Wensday got to go tommorow to catch some crappie. I hope this helps you,I 'll post something after I go fishing Wensday. 1bigblue:cool2:

8. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    cought plenty of crappie,leaving at 6.00 in morning.I hope there is a good morning bite on, will post results tommorow night. 1bigblue:cool2: