Buggs island fishing

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jayjay, Aug 9, 2006.

1. jayjay

jayjay New Member

had a trip planning for gaston but my fishing buddy decide they want to go to buggs island. any one out there have any tips. never been there . need all the help i can get. will be there 8-19 .
  2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

Wilmington, NC
    Ahhh, don't know a whole lot about Kerr myself, I would use Slip bobbers if I were you though. I fish Gaston almost everyday and have had success doing what other people aren't doing!

3. mycat

mycat Member

winston sa
    Probally best for big Blues is frm Bluestone to the river or up the Dan river from northmost ramp. I have got smaller ones (3 to 10 lbs) under Rudds Creek bridge. Of course shad is best , they go for those small black bream (green sunfish) well. Seams the smaller the better. They are always around the rip_rap under the bridge. tha river channel is 2 pillings out. fish generally stack up on south side of bridge. Haven't hit there this year, let us know how you do:0a23:
  4. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

north carolina
    there's a good article about Buggs Island blues and flatheads in this month's Carolina Sportsman