Buggs island fishing

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jayjay, Aug 9, 2006.

1. jayjay

jayjay New Member

had a trip planning for gaston but my fishing buddy decide they want to go to buggs island. any one out there have any tips. never been there . need all the help i can get. will be there 8-19 .

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ahhh, don't know a whole lot about Kerr myself, I would use Slip bobbers if I were you though. I fish Gaston almost everyday and have had success doing what other people aren't doing!

3. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    Probally best for big Blues is frm Bluestone to the river or up the Dan river from northmost ramp. I have got smaller ones (3 to 10 lbs) under Rudds Creek bridge. Of course shad is best , they go for those small black bream (green sunfish) well. Seams the smaller the better. They are always around the rip_rap under the bridge. tha river channel is 2 pillings out. fish generally stack up on south side of bridge. Haven't hit there this year, let us know how you do:0a23:

4. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    there's a good article about Buggs Island blues and flatheads in this month's Carolina Sportsman