Buggs Island fishing report 12-12-06

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigblueone, Dec 13, 2006.

1. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Went fishing yesterday had a real hard time catching bait.I had a few crappie already ,spent 4 hours to catch 12 shad.Found fish in 47 ft of water around Eastland Creek.Fish were short bitting lost about 10 fish due to that.Cought 8 fish 8 to 14lbs average.the blues wouldn"t touch the shad at all not even a bump.they thore the hell out of the crappie center cuts.I won't go back unless I catch crappie the day before spent to much time chasing bait when I could have been fishing.Going to go back Friday with bait this time Good luck to all and Merry Christmas keep a tight line 1bigblue:cool2:

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I've had good luck on crappie here in N.C. too, but don't give up on the shad.

3. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    I always have the best luck with crappie center pieces. But I do use shad just as much too.

Wheelmobile07

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Smart Fish Berry. I Like Crappie a Whole lot better than Shad Myself. LOL Good Luck J.D.
    :beat_shot:

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Me to. I will eat a crappie alot quicker than a shad. Do not give up on the shad though. If you can get are have access to herring you may want to try that also.