Buggs island 8-17

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jboy434, Aug 19, 2007.

1. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    i was up at buggs island friday night. we caught 6 or 7 cats and 2 crappie worth keeping. i caught a blue about 15 lbs. they other guy with had one on his line for a few minutes that he couldnt get off the bottom and ended up breaking his line. wasnt the best night fishing but wasnt terrible either. there was plenty of shad so i dont know why we didnt catch more.

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the fishing report!

3. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    were did you catch your shad ? I went sat didn't catch but a few shad, we cought 5 blues middle teens in weight,the blues we cought were cought on white bass center cuts watch that rod 1bigblue:cool2:

4. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    we went friday night and stayed till saturday morning so we were using a crappie light to bring em up to the boat. we were in the little creek area. most of the ones we caught were on whole shad. we did catch a couple using liver though.

5. cattin tonight

cattin tonight New Member

State:
    Virginia
    thanks for the fishing report

6. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for that report Jeremy. I'm hoping to get back up to Bugg's real soon and have another go at ol' whiskers.

7. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    im hoping to get back up the myself sometime soon.

8. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va

I thought it was illegal to fish with white bass, if i knew that id be using em, i catch bout as many of them in the net as i do shad

9. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    i really dont know what the law is on fishing with white bass. i was back up there last week and we caught some stripers in the net about 3 inches long.

mudslinger, are there any good spots to fish at around gretna? we were thinking about going to long island last week. do you know how the fishing is there?

10. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Yea you got Leesville Lake, and Ya got Long Island, not real sure what they been catchin lately, i do know that a buddy of mine fished the staunton down at watkins bridge past brookneal and caught a 33 Lb. Blue and 2 flatheads 24 and 27 lbs. in like 2 ft. of water cuz the water is so low.