Buggs Isl. 5/5/07 Report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by jlcclh, May 8, 2007.

1. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    We drift-fished the Dan river side of the lake Saturday. Marked plenty of fish. Only boated 16. 27lbs. was the biggest. Hung two bigger ones that got off at the surface. My buddy was a beginner when it came to netting a fish:confused2:! Water temp was 68 degrees. Fished 20 foot deep in 24-32 feet of water. Cut and whole shad as bait. Pic of the 27 lber. below. :cool2:
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/z71_carter/14.jpg?t=1178598396

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Nice catch. Only "16" huh. :cool2:

When do you expect the blues to spawn?

Kerr is gonna be my main fishing spot since I just got my boat. Just have to learn how to fish it first. Looks like alot blues to be caught there.

3. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Im not exactly sure when the fish will spawn. They are making their way into the rivers pretty good now. I usually only fish the main lake to the split. I havent been on the rivers but a few times. I heard it could be pretty tricky to navigate them if you're not careful. We usually do really well on the Kerr. Im probably going this weekend sometime. I'll let you know how I do. Im no expert by far, but I will be glad to help you or anyone that fishes the lake as much as I can.:cool2:

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I'll be out there Sat evening into early Sunday AM. Hopefully avoid some of the crowds.

I got me a map of Kerr. I'll probably put in at Occoneechee and work my way up the lake....the bridges, Buffalo Creek, and the split. Looks like I need to be careful approaching the split, I see some shoals and the map mentions rocks and other obstructions.

Good luck!