Buggs/Grassy Creek Fishing Report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catfishnz4me, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    yesterday a buddy and i went cattin at grassy creek. we did fairly well for the weather we had. wind was blowin bout 15mph and it snowed most of the day. IT WAS EXTREMLY COLD.. anyway. we caught 6 fish. all under 20 lbs. biggest fish was 20 and the rest were in the 5-10 lb range. we used crappie fillets for bait and were fishing on a point with a drop at the end and deep water on both sides. i feel if the wind hadnt been blowing so hard and we could have anchored like we wanted to, we would have had a lot more success. good luck and let me know how yall do out on your next outing.

2. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    welcome to boc kevin. thanks for the report. i fish buggs too. mainly up toward the split.

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Thanks for a great fishing report, Kevin. And welcome to the BOC! :0a25:

4. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    sounds like my last few trips,cold and windy.great report and welcome to the boc kevin.

5. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Appreciate the report. Nice thing about using the Crappie filets is that if the cats don't bite, you can take them home and eat them. :smile2:

Tight lines.

6. starcraft72

starcraft72 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds good. Thanks for to Bait tip! I plan to hit Buggs this weekend. I'm gonna try them fillets. :wink:

7. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    Water is warming up, blues and everything else are moving in with the bait. You find were the bait are you will catch them.

8. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Thats right keepit above the bridges time is here,skinny water time.
    GAME ON!!!!!!!!!