bug spray

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by phillip puryear, Sep 23, 2005.

1. phillip puryear

phillip puryear New Member

State:
    NC
    does anyone know of any bug spray that actually works I was using this stuff called no stinking bugs in a red can it worked great but i can no longer find it without bug spray these NC mosquitos will suck you dry

2. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    There is some stuff that they sell at Wal Mart. REPEL makes it but it is a spray that you put on your clothes and gear and when it dries it doesnt have any smell to it. I have used it for over three years and havent had a problem if the moskitoes are bothering you and you where a head net or hat spray it on there and then let it dry and they will leave you alone. I will post a picture of the can. It also works real well for chiggers or red bugs depends on the part of the country your from.

Attached Files:

3. phillip puryear

State:
    NC
    thanks for the help i will check wollyworld tonight hope that they have it i started hunting a different county today was in the stand this morning at 5:15am and came out at 9:50 didn't get to shoot but seen 12 does and 2 bucks not one bug in sight guess that they were still asleep

4. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    try the thermacell it's about 25$ but you don't have to spray it on you and it works great on these central florida blood hawks aka our state bird. it's also odorless i use all the still have deer pass next to my stand. in fact last year year with all rain from the hurricanes they were so bad that the deer and turkeys were hanging out on the hard roads trying to catch a breeze to get a break from them when we got out of the trucks we fired them up and had no problem(got bit like 5 times)....

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    deep woods OFF, deep woods OFF, deep woods OFF

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Phillip, the Thermacells work great, as mentioned above. That is my first line of defense, but as far as applied products, I have used Muskol for years with great success. I use the 100% DEET. It isn't recommended for small kids, though. There are other products out there, but the more DEET it contains, the better it will work. I only apply a little around my eyes and ears, and that usually works well. I do wear a mosquito jacket and gloves, so the Muskol on my face area is enough.
    I have also used the product that is sprayed on clothing and it works good, but unless you wear a headnet, they will still attack bare skin.

7. phillip puryear

State:
    NC
    thanks for all the help guys I also have bought everything around here but they all smell washing detergent kinda of a frsh smell thats great for my regular clothes but not my camo stuff i guess i ll have to order some stuff from the net because nobody around here has anythiing that works and or that doesn't smell like a fresh hooker in the woods