bug repellant

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Chris, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I saw these bug repellants at the store the other day and was wondering if anyone had any luck with them. I am enclosing a picture of the item.

thanks
    chris

Attached Files:

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Never seen em but i use the 30% deet towelettes. They work good for me.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    No Chris, I've never tried those. I stick with my good, old faithful, Irish Spring soap.

4. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    If you are on the right medications, they leave you alone. Alway wanted them to go away, but not quite this way....lol

5. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Tony hit it on the head. Regular green no fancy shmancy stuff added Irish Spring soap. You would be amazed how well it keeps bugs away.

Ray

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    after years of exhaustive research and study i have found that the best bug repellant on the face of the earth is.........smoke! yes smoke! start a small fire with driftwood, and let the thick, putrid, dense, stinky smoke soak into your clothes and skin. NO bug will @#$@ with you! its a S.B. to get the smell out of your clothes though!

7. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I like the Irish spring soap idea! Do you shower with the soap or do you carry the bar of soap with you and the smell lingers around? Sorry for the dumb question

chris

8. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey chris,
    i do have a thermacell and luv it i use when i gohunting and it don't bother the and works like a champ. i don't know if you have ever been in the swamps of florida but the mosquito is our state bird(the blood hawk)..lol..
    ther was one year where they were so bad the deer and turkeys were hanging out on the hard roads to catch a breeze to get a break from them and me and a buddy of mine had our thermacells and didn't have a problem i got bit about 5 times which ain't bad considering the size of swarms we were walking through...
    as far as spays go i like the no stinkin bug brand it works great also....

9. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    John
    I know how you feel about the bugs, I am just up the road from you in Beaufort, SC. If you have been to Beaufort you know that there are a ton of marsh land down here and plenty of wet spots through out the woods where standing water is around there year round. THe same thing with the sand fleas, there get really bad down here. You will be standing in formation trying to stand still and watching all the sand fleas bite the person in front of you and there also crawling in and out of your ears, nose etc...

chris

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Im with Chris I never heard about the soap. Would like to know how to use it.
    Skin so soft from Avon works well also.
    Bill:rolleyes:

11. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    I spray Yard Guard in a roughly 15 foot circle around where I'm sitting about every hour or so, and use either Backwoods Off (25% DEET) or Ultra Muskol (38% DEET) on me. Works pretty good.
    Rat

12. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Deet also comes in 100%. Perty sure Off makes it. Non-aerosol. Good stuff.

13. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Next to the ThermaCell the best on the market is 3M Ultrathon. The stuff is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! God bless.

14. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    The best bug repellant I have found or used is Skin so Soft by Avon. Yes, the cream that most women use and order from Avon. Laught if you want but this stuff is great as a bug repellant. I did not believe it unit I had several women tell it is great. My wife sales Avon so I had her order some and tried it. It is cheap and does not burn like some of the other products out there.