Buford Dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by RangerLuft, Apr 1, 2008.

1. RangerLuft

RangerLuft New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Anybody ever fish for Catfish around the Bufrord Dam area. And I mean close to the dam I will be in a boat but want to stay close to the dam area.

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Not me. Been close to the dam from the bank at the info site, but not on the water. Its deep, real deep at the dam. Maybe you could catch one of those monsterous cats that all lakes have at the Dam. You know the stories. "A diver was almost eatin" Just kidding. Give it a shot and let us know:wink:

3. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Dear Ranger,
    There are 4 channels leading into the dam. You have to catch it when the temperature is right, if you don't you are dealing with thermoclines and you have to figure out at what level they are at. If you are looking north from the dam, right hand side, 500-600 yds to the right there is a cliff which holds some pretty good fish. however you have to get over it and stay over it. To the left you will find catfish or gamefish. I don't think there is large catfish, however there may be some big ones running around the park. Around the point I think you will find small to mid grade catfish. If you go up approximately 2 miles to Tidwell Park boat ramp there are a lot of midgrade, especially on the left hand side around the rocks. You'll see them. It is a steep boat ramp and there is a lot of folks that use it.

4. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi folks, I went to Buford Dam today and put in behind The Dam Store. I did a large circle along the edge and around the front of the dam and back around to Tidwell Park, and did not even get a bite. Went directly back across the main channel, there's a cove which is locally known as "cocktail cove" which buttons up to Lake Lanier Golf Course. On the southern edge of that cove I hit pay dirt. Using frozen blueback herring I was able to obtain these 5 fish.

Attached Files:

5. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Nice little mess of cats today on Lanier in Cocktail Cove area.

Attached Files:

6. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    T0 CHAMBERS BD,STILL LOOKING AT ALL THOSE NICE FISH YOU SEEM TO CATCH ON LANIER,SEEN 3 POST ALL WITH NICE CATS.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND KEEP SHOWING ME THE PICTURES.

7. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Dear Pawpawme,
    Yea I have had some luck of late. I really like getting The Cat Boat out and fishing its a lot of Fun. Join me some time?
    Brian

8. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    BRAIN, I WOULD BE PLEASED TO GO FISHING WITH YOU ONE DAY SOON.I LIVE RIGHT ON ALLATOONA SO FORTUNATLY I GET TO DO QUITE ABIT OF FISHING THESE DAYS BECAUSE OF ALL THE RAIN.I DO TREE REMOVAL SO IM NOT GETTING TO WORK ALOT THESE PAST COUPLE O WEEKS.THANK GOD!BUT I HAVE DONE ALOT OF FISHING (MY WIFE IS SO JEALOUS,SHE LOVES TO FISH ALSO).MY DAD LIVES OFF KEITHS BRIDGE RD.-HWY.306,HE ONLY LIVES A FEW MILE FROM BROWNS BRIDGE AND 6 MILE CREEK,SO I ALSO DO A LITTLE FISHING OVER YOUR WAY.ANYWAY PLAN A DAY,GIVE ME A HOLLER AND ILL TRY TO BE THERE.GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

9. RangerLuft

RangerLuft New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey thanks for all the great info. We have a class full of student right now so Ive been really busy. But defenitley going to get out on the lake this weekend.

10. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Fun Fun
    You got a hard job, For Gods sake make em understand we depend on them!

God bless The U.S. INFANTRY

11. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    BRIAN
    CELL 770 845 5841