Budweiser Clydesdales

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by IL Hunter, Jun 20, 2006.

1. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I was driving around today running some rrands and I had remembered that one of the [SIZE=-1]Budweiser Clydesdales. it was neat to see them upclose with their wagon and all that good stuff. Those things really are some huge horses, and they are really a good looking animal. I didn't have my camera, but I snapped a quick pic with my phone so here it is!
    [/SIZE]

Attached Files:

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I saw them at the Nebraska State Fair a couple of years ago, very impressive animals. We also have a horse pull competition each summer... ya wanna talk about some "horse power" the winners did 13,000 pounds and they still wanted to pull more the 2nd place team did like 11,500 pounds.

Aaron

TA2D

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I've seen them at Sea World a few times. They are some really huge animals! My wife and I took the beer class there. We drank some different samples of beer and at the end we got diplomas that say we are certified beer masters.

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I once helped to manually load a normal size dead horse on a vehicle.I then dug the hole with a shovel to bury it.I think of that every time that I see one of these huge horses.I am always afraid that it might die and I may have to dispose of it.Is that called a phobia,a lesson or experience? peewee-williams.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    If that is a phobia I bet it's a rare one lol. I don't think I'd want to dig a hole that big either.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

They are almost always at the stae fairs and they are large and beautiful animales.

7. Peewee, that ain't all that rare. I got the same phobia myself except mine is of a more bovine nature. Dad used to run 60 head of cattle. Cows sometimes die.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    We usually make a trip down to Grant Farm every summer and the have a bunch of them in stalls there. you can go through the area where they are and see them. Neat thing is you can even pet them if you want and if they are close enough to the gates. They sure are a beatiful animal. If any of you ever make it to the St.Louis area you ought to go to Grants Farm. THe only thing it cost you is about 5.00 bucks for parking. The rest is free. tour,train ride , bird show, elephant show and you get two free beers. It's really neat. The fence around it is made up of gun barrels from the civil war.

9. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have seen them several times at the Nascar Races in Texas.They are impressive animals.

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have also seen them several times up close, wagon and without wagon.
    I've seen a 4 month old baby one up close.
    It will take me a long time but I got pics some where.
    Very cool stuff.

11. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I wonder if Anheuser-Busch feed's them beer? There was a country song out a couple of years ago called 'Beer For My Horses'.Can't remember who sang it.

12. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Wasn't it Willie Nelson & Toby Keith? I'm not sure....

13. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Did anyone see the commercial where the baby Clydesdale walks up into the harness & tries to pull the beer wagon? And then the 2 big horses push it??I LOVE that!!!

14. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    Yep I like that one to.

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yeah that song was Willie Nelson & Toby Keith. Great song! My family and I stopped at the Anheuser-Busch Brewery in Merrimack, New Hampshire two summers ago and got to check out the Clydesdales up close. Beautiful animals, I love them!

16. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Cows! Cows! I can still feel that old Cow licking me while I was milking her.She would wrap that tongue completely around my head.When she pulled it back,it felt like both ears,my nose,mouth and the hair on the back of my head was being riped off.They make a Cats tongue feel like velvet.peewee-williams