Buddy/ignore list

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Kutter, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Can anybody explain how this works? What exactly is this for? I have listed screen names on both lists, but nothing seems to have changed.

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Tom, All I know is that you can put people on your buddy list and then right under your avatar click Quick Links. Go down to buddy list and click it and it will open up and show you if your buddy's are logged in. I don't know about the ignore list but I would guess you wouldn't see posts from people on that list? Maybe someone else can help us both.

st

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Kutter, can you still read this??? LMAO

If so then you still dont have it right. hehehe

4. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    :waaaht: You just ain't right, Brother. hehe
    :big_smile_2: Glad you're back.

st

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    WHO SAID THAT?
    LOL
    Actually, I have found that those on the ignore list, post don't show up. That is, unless they start a thread, which was what I was wanting. No big deal though. As for the buddy list, I haven't found anything on that other than what Seedtick mentioned, thanks.

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    yeah tom are you able to read this too?????:roll_eyes:

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    why is kutter the only one posting here, yet his 2nd post is #5?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Kutter, another thing you can do from your buddy list is to send a buddy a pm. You open up your buddy list and put a check in the little box and go down to the bottom and hit the pm users button and it will open up your pm composer with their address already on it.

st

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Go to the profile page of the subject you want to put on the list. Clic on the buddy or ignore option. A new screen will come up clic on proceed. Hit refresh on your computer. When those that ya added to the buddy list are logged on a small black cross will be next to thier name in the section that shows current members logged on when ya first come on to the board. If ya put em on the ignore list any post that they add to a thread will not be displayed. And where the post would have been an explanation tellin ya that they are on your ignore list will be displayed instead.

That should cover it. LOL!

10. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Ya know I didn't even know where the buddy list was till just now?! LOL Thaks a bunch!!
    I had to edit this...I don't have one under my avatar? Yet I put two people in it previously???

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I dont use any of those options. I will say there are a couple I dont agree with but I still read em sometimes and move on. I dont like blocking post from a thread. If someone post and I like it, I would also like to read other post that lead's to the one I like, so I know what's going on in the thread. Miss a post, might miss the point of next post. I can read one I much disagree with, PMF, shake my head and move on if I dont want to respond.

Only one way I would use the ignore option, that's if I was being harass and then I would contact a Mod. I think ignore and neg. RP should be taken away and member controlling their own faith as to move on or respond while following rules. :wink:

In real life we dont have a disappear act/ignore option. Just a turn the other cheek option , and move on. Course that would be nice to have in some case's when I go to wal mart etc. Make some disappear. LOL. :roll_eyes:
    Cement shoes or illegal. LOL.:eek:oooh:
    I look, shake my head, thinking butt head, LOL and move on.:wink:
    I dont even use the buddy option. The whole site is my buddy, Fun to check out, even Phil ( big Bird ) LMAO.:big_smile:

I do remember in grade school I put gum in someone's hair and shot a spit wad at em to get them to ignore me. Turned into a fight and then,, got a paddling from shop Teacher and top it off with Jim Teacher making us put the gloves on again under his controll till we both ran out of breath, all for breaking the rules and Dang the luck, we later became good friends. :big_smile:

Side note. I might start using the buddy opt. cause some older members dont post as much and I do like what they say so it would be a good way for me to know when they do make a post so if need me I can RP them.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box. :roll_eyes: :big_smile:

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Dano, I don't want you or anybody else to get the wrong impression, so maybe I should explain.
    On this board, as in life, there are simply some folks that I am tired of listening to. I certainly won't name names here. It's just that since their first couple of posts since joining, they have pushed an agenda that I get tired of listing to. Recently, Paul made changes to the board that allow me to click "New Posts" without uploading a lot of areas I have little concern with. That was great and I appreciate his making those changes. That has made reading new post much more enjoyable. Still, those same folks showed up in areas I want to read. I added them to my ignore list. That helped a lot. However, when they start a new thread, it still shows up. The ignore only seems to work when they post after a thread is started. Recently, I opened new posts and they had dozens of new threads. The only way I can find to get away from them is to remove areas off my search for new posts. I do not want to do that seeing as how many good threads and posts are in those areas. Thus, I am stuck having to wade through the new posts to weed out the threads they start. I can do that and will do that. It's just a pain.
    Most folks here have heard me say that 99% of the members here are great folks who I would love to fish with and enjoy their posts. It's that darn 1% that still drive me crazy with post after post pushing there agenda. I have no problems with opinions and wouldn't want anybody to be silenced from voicing their opinions or have to be censored. I just get tired of hearing it and am trying to find a way to avoid opening my mouth and saying things I would regret later. I opted out from the High Intensity area just for that reason. However it shows up in other areas constantly. I realize that most folks here would not agree with me, if they knew who or what topic I am talking about. Thats why I haven't brought it up before. It's not a board problem, just my own. It's nothing the Mods need to check into. It's simply me trying to find a way to keep my blood pressure down. LOL
    So, now you know why I started this thread. I need to figure out a way to ignore without me having to sort through threads for who stated the thread, before I read it.
    This post aught to put me on quite a few ignore lists. LOL

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Ooops, I've started a lot of threads.... and I'm on a lot.... and a lot of folks disagree with me in HI. I hope I haven't offended you Tom.

On a lighter note, how come Phil Washburn hasn't responded to this?
    :lol: :big_smile: :lol: :big_smile: :lol: :big_smile: :cool2:

14. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well, Tom, I'm hoping I'm not on your ignore list yet; then again, you wouldn't see this if I am! :big_smile:

Others have suggested removing the ignore list and neg reps. I would vote for them to stay. After all, if you don't want to use them, then don't. They are tools, just like all of the other great tools on these forums.

I only have one person on my ignore list, and this is only because he persists in using a particular four-letter word that highly offends me. I'm not going to harrass him, so I just ignore him.

With respect to neg reps, I think that the moderators ought to neg rep any member whose post makes a thread go HI, or whose new post has to be moved to HI. The number of negative points doesn't have to be much, just enough to make an impression. After all, the moderator's workload is increased unnecessarily by HI posts! Just a thought...

15. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I started using my buddy list in order to be a little nosy I guess. I like to check up on Peewee. I've told him that when I check my list and it shows that he is on I just can't keep from smiling. I know if he is on here he is doing okay and he's having fun.

st

16. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Gregg, that is so cool. I may have to figure out how to put you on my buddy list!

17. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I do understand.I see something you posted and it makes me happy and feel good.It is strange how God can make such blessings happen.You cain;t just go get it on your own.The lord has to bless you with it.I have to admit that I am the happiest dead man that I have ever known.I am happy as the Lord has blessed me with a lot of wonderful friends,brothers and sisters.I don;t know why he allowed me to experience such a wonderful feeling,but I sure am grateful.Thank you,peewee-williams

18. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Big Brother, I know why God blessed you with this bunch of Brothers and Sisters. He knew how much we needed you. Have a good day.

st

19. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas

I understand. Sometimes push does get old at times. LOL. Guess I kind of got off subject a little when you was just asking a question.

Anyway, hope you get the answer on your question. BG gave a good answer.

Like, jeremiad said,

"Others have suggested removing the ignore list and neg reps. I would vote for them to stay. After all, if you don't want to use them, then don't. They are tools, just like all of the other great tools on these forums."

That is true. We all got parts of BOC we like best and that inculds the tools offered. Aint nothing wrong with that.

That's one of the things good about this site. It Has many options for all of us.

How come I'm the only one posting in this thread.
    :roll_eyes: Just kidding

20. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio

Brother Tom, I couldn't have said that better myself. You have pretty much described me exactly. If you figure out how to "ignore" the first post from a person you are "ignoring", please let me be the first person you tell.There are a couple on here that for whatever reason, I just don't want to hear from. No big deal. I come here for the friendship, the love of catfishing and the whole learning expierence. I shouldn't have to let a couple people ruin that for me. I'd give the shirt off of my back to 99.9% of the folks on here. When I read negative things it brings me down, and now I don't have to worry about it.