bud shootout changes sickening or better?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by JERMSQUIRM, Aug 29, 2008.

do you like these changes?

1. no

2. yes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    so what do you guys make of this. im sick of the changes nascar is making. to many at once. the rules and points seem to change yearly.

NASCAR is changing the way drivers are chosen for the Budweiser Shootout. No longer are pole winners and past race winners prerequisites. Now, the grid will be made up of the top six teams in owner points from each manufacturer. The new format will give the car manufacturers more of a role in the Shootout while losing the uniqueness of having as many underdogs in the field. Also, sponsorship concerns contributed partially to the decision to radically change the format.

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    what changes? i'm a drag racin fan

3. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I had to come to this page to figure out what you were talking about. I'm not really crazy about that but I do know that they limit the number of characters you can use. Anyway, I voted that they should not change the shootout. I think that too often, in many sports nowadays, the changes are a little biased. They either make it where it's too easy or too difficult.

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Nascar just dont get it. just another move to take away a driver's accomplishments. Its not about the owners and manufacturers of what car looses the most wheels , but rather what driver can drive the wheels off that car.

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    this is now just a race for the top car owners. before it always had a driver or two that won a pole and had a chance to get an extra race in. they are trying to make it like IRL , only a few car owners. you would think they could see that it has really hurt attendance at the IRL races. there next change will be that everyone must be allowed to lead a lap so their feelings are not hurt. at one time this was the real tough man sport.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I hate it....Nascar is starting to suck...:angry:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    IMO the bud shootout was a race of the pole winners to shoot it out. if its not for them any more hell just get rid of it.

its all the mighty dollar now. makes me sick. i agree john. nascar is starting to push the traditions out. they about ruined bristol. got rid of the rock. cut darlington back to one. swapped the name of winston to nextel to sprint. changed the points crap a dozen times. enough already. good god.:angry:

national
    association of
    stupid
    cigar smoking
    a$$hole
    richguys

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You got that right Jeremy! Way too much political BS and not enough RACIN!!! Before long there will be no need to even race. They'll just pick a # out of a hat to see who wins.:confused2:
    Since SR got killed Nascar has went to hell in a hand basket!!!:angry:

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i agree.:wink:

dont forget. the #'s they pick from the hat will only be the top 10 that filled there pockets with washingtons.:wink:

OK WHO PICKED YES?:angry: fess up.:smile2:

10. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I don't like all the changes.....I used to think I knew NASCAR, now I can't keep up with what the rules even are.... I never used to miss a race, can't say that anymore.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    exactly. back in the mid 90's i was like a trivia buff. you could ask me who was the crew chief for # whatever and i knew. i knew the rules and points and who was whos brother and everything.

my man jarrett is married to patty "makar" jarrett. that was bobby labonties crew chief jimmy makars sister.

now i couldnt tell ya how the chase points line up. to much crap at one time. im not sure who the hell is even the major sponser in the cup series. changes on a yearly basis.:angry:

12. mr.whiskers83

mr.whiskers83 New Member

State:
    Charles City,Va
    It's just another case of money being thrown at nascar by toyota. Its a rule change that is going to benefit toyota to make sure they get an equal shot in the shootout. There hasn't been many toyotas this year to get a pole and that means there is no showing in a race that gets a lot of publicity and makes manufacturers happy. Nascar is even throwing some of the drivers that actually have talent under the bus by not letting them run in this race because of this rule change and this includes Tony Stewart. So yes I think it sucks but what can ya do about it besides not watch.

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Rules are changed for good reasons. These people are far smarter than any of you folks, and they make the money to prove it. They did not get filthy rich by listening to grumbling fans. Change is a part of life, and if people would adapt to change instead of complaining they would be a lot further along in life. :wink:

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lmao.

15. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just feel bad for "Front row Joe"Its a shame he wont get to drive in the shootout.Perhaps one of the top six will do the right thing and give him their slot.
    smokey

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya its always been fun with the underdogs running in there.

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thing i see whit this is that if its the top 6 manufacturers from each. those are the guys that usually have a pole anyhow. guess if ya eliminate the underdogs there may be less crashes. :roll_eyes:

18. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jerm, with the way they are going to be picked, you will have an underdog to cheer for. ole #55 mikey.Your right it just aint right.
    smokey