BUCKS SHEDDING VELVET

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Luke Clayton, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Let's begin a poll across the country and do a survey on when bucks begin to shed velvet. Here in the northern portion of Texas, I have not seen a buck that is 'rubbed out', ie. has shed it's velvet. But... bucks should begin shedding any day. I'll keep an eye out!

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    They are rubbin and sheddin in N Missouri now. Haven't seen any completely bare yat. A couple of buddies said they saw an 8 pointer on my farm that was clean. Haven't saw him myself. Thanks for the post.

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    All of the bucks I`ve seen are still in velvet and that`s what I`m hearing from others, it should be real soon though.

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I have 2 nice 8 points I been watching on a trail cam for about a month. I checked the cams Friday and both are clean and shiny.

5. Team Tripple Fish

Team Tripple Fish New Member

State:
    mid GA
    I have seen some trail cam pics her in GA of some

6. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    First one I got on a trail camera shedding this year was Aug 22, about 2/3 of them are slick horned now.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I've seen a small spike last week that lost it's velvet. Most of the bucks should be losing it by now.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i havent seen a buck close up for a long time. i immagine there starting but cant say for sure.

one thing i know. i have 4 firearm/muzz tags between me and son they better shed there fur and grow some realtree 3-D cause im coming,lol.

9. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just got back from a dove hunt on the Holt River Ranch www.holtriverranch.com in Palo Pinto County Tx. where I will be bowhunting the end of the month. I good 10 pointer is hard horned now and also an 8 that is showing up on the trail cam.... We've once again beat the worst heat and Fall weather is in sight. My buddy actually had long seeve camo on this morning!!!

10. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Ran up on three bucks running together a couple days ageo and two were clean and the other one was in full velvet.

11. crane

crane New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
    NE Arkansas has been shedding velvet for the past week or two. A friend of mine was watching a group of bachelor bucks last week and said the largest 4 were slick horned, the smaller bucks still had velvet.

12. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    they have been rubbing here in central ohio

13. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I just saw photos from a trail cam that shows a buck shedding his velvet on the 5th , the trees will be all rubbed up real soon around here.

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Went to the farm in N Mo. this weekend. Saw 3 with shiny antlers. Had 2 trees torn up last week. They were destroyed this week. LOL