Buckhorn

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by phillip puryear, Feb 24, 2006.

1. phillip puryear

phillip puryear New Member

State:
    NC
    Everyone please pray to the catfish Gods. We are going to buckhorn sat. night.

2. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    Hows it going at buckhorn , never fished there but went this morning and it looked very tough to fish unless you have a canoe or shallow draft boat. and is it as good for blues and flatheads as it looks . give me a shout back maybe we could get together and wet a hook ,Because I live in clayton nc good luck.:)

3. phillip puryear

State:
    NC
    we got a few bites but nothing to talk about. We have a few problems with our boat hitting rocks but nothing to major. the other guys that went with us stayed all night but only caught a few channels. mainly blues there havent caught any flathheads.

4. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    do yall fish above or below buckhorn dam

5. phillip puryear

State:
    NC
    we fish both sides but sat night we were below the dam.. like i said we didnt have much luck. my fishing skills are better suited for the summer 75degrees water temps not the 42 degrees that it was sat night. Have any cold water advice??

6. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    for the most part dont go swimmin. but I dont know that part of the river i mostly fish fayetnam or e town . when in my thoughts when the water is cold below 50 I try to look for deep water with current breaks and just wait.:p

7. phillip puryear

State:
    NC
    in the summer we have to drag the boat around a lot we mainly fish fayettnam too we havent really tried it much in the winter we have caught several in the 30-40 lb range with the biggest being 46lb flat the bad part about buckhorn is the deep holes are 3-5 ft

8. EricTheTallOne

EricTheTallOne New Member

Hey guys, I live between Buckhorn and Lillington, if anyone has a boat they'd like to put in, feel free to drop me a line. I mostly go out in a canoe myself, it makes getting around all those rocks a lot easier, plus I can work my way up to the bottom of all those rocks below Buckhorn quite easily. I can tell you though, downriver is the place to go, there's deeper water and more fish if you work down towards Leneir's falls

9. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Eric,

when you say deeper how deep are you talking....i have a 19' bay boat drafts about 12" of water.....I know it's not the best boat for a river but it's what I have...

10. phillip puryear

State:
    NC
    Ericthetallone where do you have acess at??