buckeye lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tspergin, Aug 16, 2005.

1. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    the channels are hitting at buckeye lake ,the best fishing seems to be from boat in 8 to 10 ft of water using cutbait and stinkbaits

2. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Hi Tony. I still want to find time to go on a trip to Buckeye Lake with you before it is too late this year. Looks like you and Clarence have been tearing them up. I will bring my boat, lots of catalpa worms and my two boys if you can put up with them. My nine year old would be in heaven, he gets bored on alot of the flathead trips from waiting for a bite for so long. John (Abu, was Penn on the old boards)

3. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    let me know when you are ready,they are hitting good right now.me and josh davidson went out last night and caught 40 nice channels

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    We could get a few boats together and fill the coolers.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Did I hear fill the coolers and fish?? Now we are talking, LMAO.

6. CatfishKochy

CatfishKochy New Member

Where are you finding 10 feet of water at Buckeye Lake? 10 feets about the deepest it gets and thats only in a few spots. I caught some descent 3-4lbers in the Huron Bay area last weekend using dough balls!

7. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    there is a lot of 10-11-and 12 ft spots in the lake if you know it and 1 place 13 and 1-14

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I usually just fish behind Leibs Island but I know it is not deep there. Have never fished it out in a boat though. I have beer for coolers when we go though, LMAO.

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Leib's is about 2 foot deep right now and slimey water.

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Have not been out there, Buckeye usually gets that Green Mossy tint about this time of year.

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    It's beyond tint, it's a bit slimey on top and hard to get off a boat. BTW Tony when are we heading out to clean up on the channels?

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Tell me you are not eating those, LMAO.

13. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Hey Tea. As much as I love filling the coolers and fishing I wouldn't drive home. I would have to ride with you but then again I have read a few stories about your Dale Jr. style of driving and may be better off calling a taxi. :grin-big: I have a Celica convertible and like to have some fun in it once in awhile myself, car handles great but I need to find a way to fit a new hemi motor in it. :) I have seen the photos of your car and the decals are cool, I bet you get alot of questions about them. Hopefully we can all meet up sometime this year at Buckeye Lake. Abu

14. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds good to me Abu, love to fish and drink beer and meet all new BOC brothers that I can. Hopefully we can do it before the weather changes.

15. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Why is it that people don't catfish from Buckeye lake? I have caught loof cat and eat lots out of there. They have very clean fillets. But to each his own.

16. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    The water is just so darn murky, LMAO. But heck, you are still alive and kicken so they cant be too bad. If you dont get a glow in a couple years then maybe I will try some. hehehe

17. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    This is true. LOL....

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I will be at or around Picnic point Friday night if anyone else is going, shore bound with son Brother in-Law, and Grandfather in Law

19. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nope, going to Hank Concert at Germain Friday night. But I will be thinking about ya when he say "I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn" LMAO

20. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I'm looking at going out in the boat fri. night at buckeye. When will you be there I will come over and say hi before I go out.