Buckeye Lake Saturday Night

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Garrett Cope, May 10, 2009.

1. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Fished the DCCA Catfish tournament Saturday night with JerryB. Pretty good turnout (85 people) especially with the very windy conditions for the first few hours. We bankfished and the wind made it very tough. I can't even imagine what it was like in a boat (though i guess it wasn't too rough to grill some corn - ask Ramrod & Hunted..). Jerry and I found a spot on the South Shore and casted against hope (and 50 mph wind gusts). We threw everything in the magic bag at 'em with little success early.
    After midnight the bite picked up a bit and we managed to catch 5 channels. The biggest was only 3-4 lbs. When it came time for weigh-in we loaded up the Walmart (laundry) fish bag and headed for the ramp only to discover that our two biggest (read: not all that big) fish had escaped the bag. I guess i didn't tie it closed good enough (sorry Jerry) though after seeing some of the other catches i don't think we were gonna weigh ours anyway. The winners had a 6 fish limit of 39 lbs 4 ounces and the biggest fish was 10 lbs on the button. All in all it was still a fun outing and it was nice seeing some other BOC brothers there too.

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    You gotta tie a knot in it sometimes lol. Congrats on the catches.

3. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    YOU LET THE CAT(S) OUT OF THE BAG!!!!REMINDS ME OF THE TIME I WENT FISHING WITH MY UNCLE WHEN I WAS ABOUT 12 OR 13 ON THE LITTLE SANDY RIVER AND SOMEHOW THE STRINGER SWAM AWAY ONLY AFTER HE HAD A BUNCH OF BASS AND CRAPPIE ON IT.I GUESS I DIDNT TIE IT UP GOOD.I DONT THINK HE TOOK ME AFTER THAT.JERRY ARE YOU GOING FISHING WITH GARRETT AGAIN?????

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catching and releasing..lol.. Seems you forgot to use the P in CPR!:smile2: rollo

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It was good meeting up with you guys, hopefully we can do it again soon!

6. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I stand corrected : 42 lbs was the tourney winning weight. 39 lbs was 2nd.

7. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It was pretty funny, really - we were at the weigh-in before we took the fish out of the bag and dumped the in the bucket, then we both saw it about the same time and looked at each other - "There's only three fish!" This was after we had scrambled to get the fifth fish, pack up and get back to the weigh-in on time...

Was definitely a good time. Found out that I like Big Game MUCH better than Cajun better as far as casting goes - lost quite a bit of line in the trees across the inlet we were at!

Had fun, and am looking forward to doing it again!

8. criss

criss New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hope everyone had fun.Im always glad to meet new people at the tournys. There was 126 cats weighed in for a total of 519lbs.over 12 teams had weights of over 24lbs that is some kind of good cat fishing.:big_smile:
    We will be having another open at Paint Creek on May 30,09 bring your friends and come on down. Be sure to keep your bag tied this time.:wink:

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    it was fun,good to meet you garrett and jerry.

10. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We also had a good time tho we didnt do very good (one fish about 5lbs) Bank fishing didnt work out too good...The wind hurt us quite a bit. But we got to meet garret and ramrod and already knew jerry...so it was a worth while trip...THanks again guys and hope to see ya all again soon!....