Buckeye Lake in ohio

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by maddcatter, Mar 14, 2006.

1. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Do any of you central ohio fishermen hit buckeye early in the year? If so, what seems to be the best method to get into some big channels?

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Have not hit it yet Josh, but will soon. Never have any luck out there after alot of rain for some reason.

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I'm planning on hitting it next week and drift it a bit. I'l let you know then.;)

4. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    If you need some company let me know.

5. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    does anyone know of any good spots here at this lake they would like to tell me about im thinking about going fishing here this year and i would like to know if it is also easy to get to the fishing spots bye boat or on bank

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I just got back from taking my 2 kids with me out on the boat. We got there around 6:30pm and fished till about 1:30am. Didn't wanna ruin em for life out in the cold fishing, so I came back earlier than my normal daybreak time. However I had a blast with em! We got several hits and our bait stolen all night, mostly ripping out the gut pocket on the shad I was using. We did end up catching one nice 5 lb channel. I think we would've caught more if we stayed but the youngens were starting to get cold.

Plan on hitting it again tomorrow during the day, let you know how it goes!

7. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Glad to hear someones catching some around here.

8. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The kids and I had another great day, caught 5 channels and several other bites that were biting short and stealing the bait. Hope the weather clears up for another good day of fishing soon! I hope you all get a chance to get out. FYI, they're catching loads of crappie by the north shore right now.

9. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I might have to stop out hit the crappie a little this weekend.

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    May hit Buckeye this weekend if weather holds up. Fish it alot behind Leibs Island and the pier.

11. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I might be heading to buckeye in a couple of hour regaurdless of the weather.

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Might be able to go tomorrow, not today though. Have to work, good luck.

13. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Wow, that wind was crazy!!! Caught 2 in the first 10 minutes of fishing. 2.5 and 3lbs. Then the wind picked up heavily and the fishing slowed down.

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    If anyone is interested in meeting Sat Morning I may be bringing my Sons out. It is my youngest Bday party and I need to get him away from the house.

15. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I might be out there sat. afternoon with my girlfriend. Where are you going to be fishing at?

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Either Picnic point (my preference) or Liebs. I like Picnic point tho in that little pond area. Ill probably be there about 8ish maybe earlier. Depends on weather tho I dont want to take the little one out if its too cold. Lets see how things get going this week but Im game for it.

17. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    How do you get to those places?

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Josh I dont know if Im going to make it but if you do go picnic point is off of 79 and Liebs is Liebs Im sure youve been to both just may not know it.

19. carpfisherman11

carpfisherman11 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i hit leibs island last week and used chicken liver and night crawler i got some good cats but mostly stripers

20. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I almost went liebs the other day. And you aren't kidding about those stripers. I couldn't get much cats too hit, but the stipers were definitely active.