Buckeye lake help

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CATFISH1998, Aug 22, 2007.

1. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    I have never fished this lake before. Looking at the map it's not vary deep. I will be on shore. I will be using livers, an cut up shad. Any pointers will help me out a lot. Thanks.

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    the boat ramp off rt 79-fairfield beach area-mud island or liebs island should all be good, I would try thr north bank first it is deeper water

3. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    Catfish 1998,
    If you are fishing from shore, tspergin directed you well when he said mud island. It's known for it's cat's. The other spot is just east of there and is called seller point. It used to be part of the old tow path from the erie canal. Off of the tip is a hole and alot of chunk rock and is goo for some cat's if it is sunny. The other spot is on hte east side closer to the boat docks kinda in the corner. It has allways produced some channel there. If you are looking for Flat's then stick with Mud Island and use bull head/yellow belly cat's for bait.
    Ir you in a boat I like fishing Fairfield Beach swimming area at night and Carnberry marsh also. Dip bait is woking well right now for channels so don't be afraid to mix it up a little.

Hope this helps

Catfih Huntr

4. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    drift fishing the lake is one of the best ways for large amounts of fish,fresh cut bait is the best bait

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    there are good fish in there. not many deep holes. just areas you need to learn by going. take a day and go scout it! goodluck ..rollo

6. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    They are absoulty correct. I have grown up here and have considered this lake to be my playground. I have let you in on a couple of my spots and if the bite is slow, drift the north side of the lake. It is deeper plus it has a harder bottom. Another good apsot is from the yacht club to cranbarry marsh alothough it helps to have a westerly wind.
    Good luck
    CH