Buckeye Lake / Deercreek Lake / Rocky Fork

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by brother hilljack, Apr 16, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I need some help!! As some of you know, I am in Iraq, But I will be coming home for 2 weeks sometime this summer. I am requesting information on catfishing at Buckeye lake, Deercreek Lake, Panit Creek lake, and Rocky Fork. I have never been much of a Lake fisherman, but These are the closest places to take the boat and I don't want to spend all day driving when I should be relaxing with my family.

So please tell me your secrets or at least put me in the ball park! Thanks in advance for all your help!

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont fish lakes much, but from everything I have hear Paintcreek lake and rocky fork lake hold bigger fish.

3. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the tip. I have never fished these lakes and some of them are only 20 miles from my parents home. All info is appreciated.

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    deer creek has numbers of channels,not a lot of bigger ones,i have caught them up to 12 lbs out of there,but not consistently.

rocky fork has good numbers,and also bigger channels more consistently.big flatheads in there too,but haven't got ahold of any there,maybe one day.

paint creek has good channels and flats,but i don't fish it much.

haven't fished buckeye,don't know anything about it.

5. catfish361

catfish361 New Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Buckeye Lake is a shallow lake. It has a ton of small channels and ther are some bug flatheads in there,so they say.I have got channels up to 10 pounds there. Go to the east end of the lake to find your bigger fish. Atleast that is the way it works for me.
    :smile2:

6. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for all the help. It looks like I will be concentrating on rocky fork and paint creek. I have not ruled out the other sopots. Somebody out there has got to be willing to give me some more specific info:wink:. Help a brother out Please!

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am trying to move this post up to the top. Don't let me down Ohio catfishermen/women. I know you can provide me some more help than this!

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey dont forget, there is lots of paylakes in that area:smile2:

9. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have never fished a pay lake? I don't even know if it would be exciting for me. Thanks for the info though. I know someone has some secrets to share.

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    You dont want my secrets I cant even find squelers for my boys to catch :smile2:

11. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I'm sure you got something hidden away, if nothing else you could tell me where "not" to fish!

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    That would be easy, if you are right next to me then your good :smile2::tounge_out: but if you get within a 3 foot radius then your screwed :smile2:

13. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It looks like everyone has forgot about me.............................so I'm just moving this post up. good luck to all

14. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Hi Shane ... I just moved back to Ohio after being away for almost 30 years, so it is hard for me to recommend any place in particular. I do know that it will be more helpful if we knew when, this summer, you will be here. Some places are better during different times of the year and depending on water conditions. I know that both Buckeye and Dillon can produce nice channel and falthead cats, but where they are going to be in the lakes will be determined by the varibales I mentioned above.

I would suggest that you keep bumping this Post up every so often until you know exactly when you be home. We have a good bunch of guys and gals on here, that I am sure would be willing to help one of our Fighting men out, but it would be a good thing to ask to be PM'd with specific info .... :wink: You know how private some of us catfishermen are. Where (town) will you being staying while on leave?

Thank you for for defending the rights of all free men and women. Garry-

15. catfish361

catfish361 New Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Shane
    Check
    out a website called katchaser. Robby fishes alot of lakes in Ohio. He would be the best person in Ohio to talk to about finding big flatheads. He also has some very good articals on catfish.
    http://www.stormpages.com/katchaser/

16. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Garry/Steve,

Thanks for looking out for me. I will be updating this thread throughout the year to try and get as much info as possible. I have not had a chance to look up the other website, but I will. I need all the tips I can get. Thanks again and I am looking forward to seeing you on the water.

17. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well the time is fast approaching and I was curious how the fishing was in these areas? If anyone has been fishing these lakes could you provide a fishing report?

18. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i haven't fished them in about a month,with all the rain we been getting.

19. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    My brother reports the same problems with the rain and all. I'm thinking that the lakes would be the best bet. From all I have read rocky fork is the best catfish lake in the area. Anyone have any thoughts.