Buckeye Lake 6/13/09

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shad Man, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Well my Brother, Dad, and I hit the lake last night for a few hours before the fireworks started. We caught 2 channels, and a hybrid striper. We fished the bog in 13 ft of water and a back cove (to get away from the drunks) in 3 ft of water. The biggest channel came from the back cove. It weighed in at about 5 pounds. Caught the little channel, and striper on crawlers and the big one on a live goldfish left over from the night before. No bites on cut shad. The water temp was 75 and the water was fairly clear. After the fireworks started the bite shut down. Must have bothered them pretty bad.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Glad you caught some there justin. Friend wanted me to go up there tonight but I decided to take a day off.

3. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Yeah I would suggest not hitting it on a weekend. The water patrol were really picking off the boats breaking the no wake through the bog.

4. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Thanks for the report.

5. the grizzly

the grizzly New Member

State:
    ohio
    i live in this god for saken over hyped swamp and i still aint caught on to no giant cats think the abundance of bars on the water go hand in hand with the b#s* catfish stories:eek:oooh::angry:

6. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There used to be monster flatheads in Buckeye but There was a die off in 1995 that killed most the fish in the lake and I really haven't heard of that many since then

7. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    have never fished buckeye but thanks for the report.may try it sometime

8. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    DNR got a 60 lb flathead last summer while sampling. I seen it.

9. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    but what was the rest of the flathead pop lookin like there ol beaver trapper of the south LOL
    we need to hook up walter's you fly i'll buy

10. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    At the bait shop by buckeye, they had some pics of 35 to 40# flats caught in buckeye lake. I haven't caught any personally, but last week I had something run my 10" bullhead three different times. It always dropped it after just a few feet. I'll be out there near the bars tomorrow night. I'll give a report.

11. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Only one fish! A 5lb channel on cut shad. Nothing even touched my gills or goldfish. It probably didn't help that the moon was BRIGHT! I never have any luck in a bright moon.

12. the grizzly

the grizzly New Member

State:
    ohio
    im goin to try it sat, night but hope it is a good trip i dont have a clue what im going to use for bait though? maybe bluegills:confused2: