Buckeye Friendly Flathead Fun

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Salmonid, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Anyone want to have a little fun and up for Braggin Rights?

Just place your wager on a date when the first River and the first lake Flathead will be caught.
    Must be from within the state of Ohio, Ohio River and Lake Erie are EXCLUDED from this.
    Fish must have been caught in the presence of another BOC member to count along with photo.

Unless someone wants to donate something for the winners,( hint Hint) this is strictly for bragging rights!

For streams , Im guessing April 2nd

For lakes, Im guessing April 15th!

Happy Hunting !!
    Salmonid

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    For the lake I will catch one the evening of March 22, 2006 between 5pm and 11pm although I may not have a brother with me.

The river will be March 29th.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    streams april 21st

lakes april10th.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    weather and river level depending, im pretty sure i can get one to bite on sunday march 26th. any volunteers to be my first mate/witness?:D lakes...gonna say oooooooooooooooh april 9th

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Shawn where will you be Im taking 23/24 off for my Bday of course and could probably meet you.

6. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    can we include brookville lake if so I will take friday March 17th. third week of march every year. U can put it on the calender!

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Gary I will be at Salt Fork.

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Shawn perhaps I may meet you there, I probably wouldnt get there till about 7ish or so but I can get a couple of hours in and get a heads up on the lake since Ive never fished it before. Lets plan on meeting that night and we can get it confirmed later.

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    looks like my prediction is gonna fail, i thought the water was gonna be warmer by now, geez! this last cold snap has reduced the river temp to 38 degrees. it got up to 52 during that last gulley-washer. im willing to give it a shot though.

10. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    already got me a 23 pounder this year in the scioto river just south of columbus

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dink, I am kinda getting worried, I see no major warm up in sight...Probably gonna be may before I can catch a flathead..Unless we can sting about 5 straight 70 degree days together in april.

12. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Lets hope so. Then maybe I'll be able to make it out to fish.