Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
random ? but i have a few 5 and 7 gallon buckets laying around in the shed i was wondering if anybody knew of any ideas i could use to put them to use for my catfishing i know theres crazy ideas out there i just tend to brain fart alot :cowboy:

·
Registered
656 Posts
If you like to drift fish you could drill some holes in them and use them as a drift socks. The only downside I could see is that they eat up space on your boat, but I would only bring them if I knew it was gonna be a windy day. I'm about to do this myself, because Im tired of being at the mercy of the wind but I don't want to spend 40-50 bucks on a drift sock.

·
Registered
656 Posts
actually, now that I think about it....if you do use a bucket to keep your bait it, then having a couple of buckets as drift socks wouldn't present a problem space wise because you could just stack them. But you may not keep your bait in a bucket, i dont know your setup.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
you just start fishn? jk but all catmen have a bucket or 2 in the boat. They can be used for anything from a bathroom (when you gotta go and can't wait to get to shore) hold the anchor, haul water to your bait tank or use it as your bait tank, gear, you can even put it over your head when it rains (just make sur it has been emptied if you use it for a bathroom) use it for a dump station when cleaning fish, drift socks.
A bucket is a must have for catmen

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
In my area the 7 gal buckets are considered a premium, for bank fisherman. Not only can they carry lots of gear in them, they are the right height for a good seat. I could even use a couple myself. You have received some excellent ideas for bucket use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.